cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phantom fault reporting?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 111 of 111

I've reported this to staff here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Stars-Lounge/Service-Centre-is-now-called-MyConnection/td-p/2944...

I wouldn't have been testing my line except for you asking CSs to check what is going on for the new My Connection.

Each of the previous supposed fault reports have fallen off naturally after 3 days. I have never been informed if any of these faults were actually worked on.

Were the faults ever there or is this a fault with your system?

As the last listed fault had cleared as usual, I thought I would run another test for you, so here is another fault number:

Screenshot_20230201-165234_Chrome.jpg

I am getting rather fed up not knowing whether there's actually a fault going on or whether anything is actually being done about it, if there is. 

Could you please clarify the situation?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
110 REPLIES 110

Message 101 of 111

Hi,

Would it be ok if we run a line test now?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 102 of 111

@Michelle-TalkTalk,

When my Mum tried to ring me this morning, she heard it ringing, but I heard nothing. 

She tried again, and this time the phone rang correctly at my end and the voice call quality was normal. 

However this is similar to the sort of issue I encountered in November and December, but was told it was resolved after a fault ticket was raised back then.

If the issue has been actually raising genuine fault tickets, it is, however, not genuinely being resolved. 

Screenshot_20230209-121156_Chrome.jpg

The above fault ticket has now reappeared in My Connection. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 103 of 111

@Michelle-TalkTalk, I ran another test this evening. I am not experiencing any problem with the line, only the testing process, so there are no symptoms for me to call out an engineer for. 

After each test the fault is logged for 3 days.

Only testing the phone line, I get this:

Screenshot_20230206-211049_Chrome.jpg

Then I allow the full test and get a fault number, so the latest is:

Screenshot_20230206-212547_Chrome.jpg

This is always followed by:

20230206_213430.jpg

When I check back in a few days the fault is treated as "cleared" so no ticket number any more.

Either:

1. Nobody appears to be working on a fault. The system is just producing the fault number purely because I have been running the test. It always lapses after 3 days.

Or:

2. The system that clears the fault message may be what is at fault, because if there's nothing wrong, why is your system repeatedly generating a new fault number .... maybe there is some mystery fault....?

Whatever the cause of the confusion, I'll stop running the tests from my end, as it blocks up use of the internet/phone line for up to 20 minutes each time, plus time  reporting it.

To get to the bottom of this, could you possibly check what work, if any, was ever done in connection with these fault tickets?

Is there a test you can do yourself at Talktalk's end to check whether my line has a fault or whether you have a faulty diagnostic tool in My Connection?

Not knowing one way or the other is leaving me feeling baffled and not knowing what to believe. 

0 Likes

Message 104 of 111

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay with this. This has been escalated and the My Connection team confirmed that they were investigating. We're hoping to know more soon.

Thanks

Message 105 of 111

I don't much appreciate your closing remark.

This is the Home Phone board. Where customers report any issues with their Home Phone. I wish you well in the resolution of whatever Home Phone issue you have. I am sure the support team will do their utmost.  

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 106 of 111

Because I need a proper reply for a matter that shouldn't clutter up the Community Stars post.

The last reply I had from Debbie on there clarified nothing for me at all.

So it matters for me that I post this as a public thread and get a clearer answer.

I am sure that most customers will not be overly concerned at not being able to read the post in the link, but it is relevant for staff to read.

However, your comments are not helpful or relevant, so please stop impeding the progress of this thread in the queue for attention, @ferguson.

You never seem to learn.

0 Likes

Message 107 of 111

OK, but knowing as you do that the matter is already under discussion elsewhere why post again here, complete with a link that other users may be bemused as to why they cannot access it?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 108 of 111

I have not had any problems since I think they were sorted in December, after a phase of cutting out / calls not connecting.

The fact that every time I feel like testing the line, it records a fault on the system for 3 days at a time, which then is cleared automatically, but I haven't noticed anything wrong with the functioning of the call, suggests to me that it is My Connection crying wolf every time. 

In which case, this "upgrade" from Service Centre is not fit for purpose.

In case I am wrong, perhaps staff could run their own test.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 109 of 111

Actually I've just realised that's (partly) rubbish! You can try calling your landline from a mobile. Sorry!

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 110 of 111

I know myself that there are false positives here sometimes. Is your phone actually working? Hard to test for incoming I know, but for outgoing you could try a non-chargeable TalkTalk number e.g. 0345 172 0088. 

0 Likes