cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone line dead, internet fine

manhattan_24
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi, 

Yesterday the phone started to play up.  There seems to be just a loud crackle on the line.  I tested the master socket with a corded phone and it was completely dead.  I also did an online fault test which came back without a fault.  The internet however is still working fine.

Could you please look into this.

Thanks 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

manhattan_24
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 9

Hi, 

Just a quick message to see if you were able to book an engineer to come and check out the faulty line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi manhattan_24

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

manhattan_24
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Hi, I have now tried 2 corded phones directly in the master socket without any success, the line is completely dead.  Could I please arrange for an engineer to pay a visit?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Ok thanks. If you've tested at the test socket with 2 different telephones and the line is still dead then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

manhattan_24
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Yes, I unscrewed the faceplate and plugged it directly into the socket behind it.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks but have you also tried connecting your telephone to the test socket (the socket behind the master socket faceplate)?

Chris

0 Likes

manhattan_24
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tested the line with a corded phone in the master socket.  The line was completely dead.

When trying to call someone with a portable phone, there is no dial tone and just a loud crackling and background noise.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi manhattan_24,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is clear, have you tried connecting your telephone to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris