cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

home phone

steamyfog
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Had no landline phone for 4 weeks now, no incoming or outgoing no dial tone. I have had a couple of chats and have followed their instructions as far as I was able but still nothing. I have tried using test port on master socket 5C. My internet works fine. Running a line test says that no fault found. Latest line test yesterday is  REP-14229834. The only thing that the line test brings up is that my devices are having trouble connecting to wifi and giving suggestions how to improve, but I don't see that problem,  overall speed at my pc is consistently around 140Mb/sec. It is just the phone!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Well the engineer charge is apparantly payable if fault is within property.  Being as my internet connection is fine (plugged into same Master Socket as phone) then cabling within my house must be ok, so Master Socket phone socket must be faulty but that will be a fault within my house and therefore chargeable.  I do not rely on house phone, but nice as a standby but I think I will go without.

Thanks for your time and help.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi steamyfog

Thanks for confirming.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Please can you confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability AM and PM?

Engineer charges

Debbie

0 Likes

steamyfog
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

Ok, I have tested my phone on a neighbours landline at it works fine.  So I guess that means a fault at the Master Socket.

Message 4 of 12

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 5 of 12

Oh yes .That's me not thinking inside the box ....let alone outside!  Thanks for your help.

Steamyfog.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

OK, no problem. If you can't get hold of a telephone to test with are you able to test your phone on someone else's line to make sure it's working?

Chris

Message 7 of 12

Thank you for quick reply.  I haven't actually tried a different phone as I have been unable to find anyone who has one yet !  I did try a different cable from master to phone. I assume a visit from an engineer would cost me if my phone is the problem. I will have to ask further afield for loan of phone.  I  am not inclined to buy a new one only to find mine is working. 

So thanks for offer of arranging engineer visit, but will wait until I can eliminate phone fault then contact you again.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

OK thanks. Line test isn't picking up any issue but if you've tested at the test socket with a second telephone and there's no dial tone then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

steamyfog
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

Have done profile.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi steamyfog,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Please complete your community forum profile details, @steamyfogand staff will respond during the day. 

They need to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; add your Talktalk phone number or account number in Personal Information (from the drop down menu). SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes