cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

WiFi Password

Samcabal
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Mobile phones will not accept password taken direct from router says incorrect password but has always been the same for years now devices don’t work if u turn off mobile wifi won’t reconnect.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

If you log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > Basic

Then tick the Show password box, is that the password that you would expect? If you do the same for the 5GHz band, is that the same password?

If the mobile phones are using that password, then please go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Please PM me (to preserve your privacy) the contents of the log covering the time period for a failed connection attempt.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Samcabal
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

FAST 5364-3.T8

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Samcabal 

What make/model of router do you have?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes