cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

what is GUEST_TALKTALKDE2E87

talkjamunity
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

HI, Just looking at my wifi router admin settings and saw this: GUEST_TALKTALKDE2E87 SSID - what is this is it a security threat?? i DONT want to be sharing my router with my neighbours.

Screenshot_1.png
talkjamunity
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Many routers have a Guest wifi option these days and can usually be turned off in the settings.

The wifi is secure and no one would know the password unless you gave it to them.  

Remember, even your own wifi transmission is visible to your neighbours unless you specifically hide the SSID (Wifi Name).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl-Talk-Talk,

Is it secure then as along a my password isn't compromised? Why is it even there though how may people want to share their internet with their neighbours! most of us are trying to keep the neighbours out. This should be something that you opt-in to if you want to share your connection. Can this account be removed safely?

talkjamunity
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

This would be Guest Wifi settings in the router.  Guest wifi can give visitors (with the password) access to the internet only without access to any devices on your network.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes