cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Now Tv - Offer Not Found

Marsh11
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Joined Talk Talk with an activation date of the 1st of April. On this day my broadband went live and links were supplied for myself to activate my Now TV subscription.

All links supplied have been dead returning an error message 'Offer Not Found'.

Timeliness of events since the 1st:

1st April - Telephone call in attempt to rectify issue. Advised of an issue with the account setup at Talk talks end and that a ticket would be raised, rectification would take 3 working days.

5th April - Initial rectification deadline passes without solution so Talk Talk contacted by live chat. After almost 4 hours of being on chat and passed arround I ask to raise a complaint. This seems to get some response and am able to both raise a complaint and potentially find a solution that the individual raises a ticket for. Once again I am told 3 working days to resolve.

12th April - No contact from Talktalk so 5 working days later I attempt a further contact by chat. I am advised that the original ticket got stuck in system hence no contact (Convenient excuse) and unsurprisingly advised to wait a further 3 days.

All in I am now exhausted by the issue. I notice other people with the same problem, has anybody had any luck getting this sorted? The feeling I am getting at the moment is that Talk Talk don't want to deal with the issues and are hoping it will go away. Ultimately I signed up to a contract incorporating a broadband and TV package and am not receiving it. Instead I am left with a bill at this moment for an overinflated broadband service and TV box that provided me with nothing my standard TV doesent without the agreed tv package.

Ultimately I don't have the time or energy to continue chasing. If the issue continues to go unresolved I will have no option but to look for external support in rectifying the issue.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

You can give our customer loyalty teams a call or chat who can either agree new Now TV offers with you from any available offers they have, or agree rolling credits to match the original agreed price.

The Loyalty Teams will have several offers at their disposal.  If however you choose to cancel your current contract, they can discuss options for this with you or look at any further incentives to retain your custom.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Many thanks for the support. Hopefully so.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Ah OK, well if these were above and beyond the offers usually available then hopefully TalkTalk will honour the deal the deal you signed up to. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @ferguson,

The now TV package was by no means to be provided at no extra charge however it was discounted on the basis that they were ordered alongside the broadband service.

Ultimately it looks like TalkTalk have removed this contracted offer (with no intention of honouring it) between the original order date and go live date and not communicated this to the customer (I note numerouse threads with the same issue on this forum).

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

@Marsh11 

Are you saying that you signed up with some kind of special offer for NOW TV to be included at no extra charge?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Good Afternoon Karl.

Firstly thank you for your response however it appears that Talk Talk think we are in some sort of contract negotiation.

Ultimately an agreement for a Broadband & TV service was made between myself and Talk Talk on the 16th of March. The go live on this contract was the 1st of April. This gave yourselves over 2 weeks to highlight any potentially issues and pull out of this agreed contract.

Upon Go Live on the 1st of April I expected that contract to be fulfilled by yourselves. In the subsequent 2 and a half weeks I have spent over 8 hours communicating with yourselves to now have an excuse levelled about a 3rd party provider (who my contract is not with). To also get this confirmed via public forum that you are no longer willing to fulfill the original agreed contract is also not acceptable. Conveniently this confirmation also comes after the first payment has already been made.

Your suggestion to add NowTv by my account would come at an additional cost monthly to the original contract agreement and also with only a 12 month price fix compared to the original 24 month to match with the remainder of my contracted product.

As I see it Talk Talk are unwilling to honour a contract that we entered into as per the terms of our contract agreement supplied on the 16th of March breaching my consumer rights. They also chose to continue the contract on different terms without first communicating with myself (even after contact was made on numerous occasions by myself). In order to resolve this I see that yourselves have 2 options:

1. You provide the service agreed for both a broadband and TV service as outlined in the original agreement .

2. We agree to terminate the contract with no further charges to myself and a refund of already taken payments due to yourselves not fulfilling the contract as agreed.

Finally I note that I did receive a call from yourselves today (missed by myself as my job is more omportant than dealing with Talk Talk), in light of the above correspondence I now ask that all communication is done in writing (preferably by email which yourselves hold for me). This ensures no misunderstandings and a clear trace on communication that a telephone call will not offer myself. Until this is resolved my original complaint still stands and remains unresolved. 

A speedy resolution from yourselves will be much appreciated. If however we have hit an impass can this be communicated ASAP by means of a letter of deadlock so that I am able to persue this matter externally from yourselves.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

The original NOW TV offers added to the account were pulled by Sky last minute so would not work. This was beyond our control, however the Now options on your account should have been removed in a more timely manner, and for this I can only apologise.

I have checked your account and the NOW TV options have all been cancelled and any open orders completed as of the 15th April.

If you still want to add NOW TV to your services, you can do this online via My Account  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes