cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Remote

Kate89
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Received new tv hub,   set it all up but the source button on remote wouldn't work to set it up.  However all set up and paired but source button fails to work.  Remote won't switch TV on or off.  Tried repairing but still the same.  Tried look on TV set up for remote or accessories but can only see smart remote for TV,  my TV is a Toshiba.    No problems with old YouView box,  the talktalk remote controlled everything.   Help please

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Have you gone to ......

Settings > Remotes and Accessories > TalkTalkRC > TV Control

And followed any on screen steps just to see if this checks your TV ?

Thanks

Karl,

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Kate89
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi, I now have a brand new TV  repaired the remote, source button still not working on rote, still no control of on/off, so if I want to change source I'm getting there by using 3 remotes all in all, not very satisfactory ☹️ the remote must be faulty,  can you please replace my remote?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

Whilst the remote will work with most TV models, it cannot be guaranteed to work with all and in the few cases where there is an incompatibility, nothing can be done to resolve this unless TV information is included from the manufacturer in a future update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Ok thanks for checking.

Best wait for support staff but it may be that not all functions can be transferred to the remote.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Sorry forgot to add its a tv hub box, everything else on remote working except source button!  I have tried everything   thanks 

0 Likes

Kate89
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your answer,  I have checked TV settings it's CEC is enabled so I do t know what else to do  Thanks anyway 👍 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Which box do you have? Netgem 4k or the TV Hub?

The 4k box uses a protocol known as CEC and for this remote to work, your TV needs to be compliant. Not all TVs are and the TV I used when trialling this box was not so I could not pair the remote. You have to turn this on in the box settings (and TV if needs be).

The TV Hub attempts to set the remote during set up and from this I think it also uses CEC but the box has this turned on by default (there is no setting in the menu). If your TV is not being found, then your TV may not be compliant or needs this turning on.

Remotes are not guaranteed to work with all TVs due ti the many variances in operating systems.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes