cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub SD Card Expansion

shugmo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Has anyone successfully added an SD card to their box for additional space for apps?

I have now tried 3 different SD cards, 2 brand new, and none work.

I have formatted them as system memory.

My box still wont let me download any extra apps due to low memory.

The box will then reboot and I cannot access the memory cards as they have been "rejected". Once this happens they never work again!

The system memory says 2.1GB of 4.4GB used, so unless this is system files then I don't know why it thinks it's full.

Any help as it seems to have destroyed 3 memory cards so far. 

Thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi

have you tried a factory reset of the box?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi,

I purchased another SD card, a SanDisk 32GB U3 V30

I have managed to get this to be recognised and have apps on it, but they run very slowly.

Not sure if it's a problem with my box, or it's normal to run slowly from the SD card.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Good morning,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

I formatted the cards in the box.

I will try formatting in a pc and get back to you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi

Another question, did you let the TV Box format the cards ?

Are you able to format the cards via a PC as Fat32 ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi

The Card specs are good, those card should be fine.  I'll check with our Device manager to see if he is aware of any reported issues, but he will possible suggest a factory reset of the box and a retest, and if still failing, to swap out the box incase it has a fault.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Karl,

the spec is:

32GB Micro SD

Class 10

UHS-1

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi

What size are the SD cards you have tried, and does it say on them what SD Class they are ?

The box is not set up for recording content but should be able to store apps on a card.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks Karl,

I am a bit reluctant to buy another card when it appears to have already trashed 3.

As your first response was that it wasn't provisioned for external expansion I am concerned that I will just be throwing money away.

Can you find out if this feature actually works and what is the limitation on the SD card, ie capacity, speed etc.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi

For SD cards, whilst there is no recommended specific card,  I would use good quality types such as Sandisk etc. 

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Karl,

your website says:

Micro SD card

If your internal storage becomes full, you can use this slot to insert a Micro SD card (not supplied with your TV Hub) to add additional storage. This is really useful if you intend to download a large number of Apps from the Google Play Store.

So it certainly should work, as advertised.

Is there a specific SD card required?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Shugmo,

The box is not set up for extenal storage as far as I'm aware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes