cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV hub channels missing frequently since new

Tim011
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

I have recently ordered the new TV hub box (with no recording facility), having set up the box ok

and tuned in  over 200 channels on Freeview with the aerial connected directly to the Hub after 3 days the box seemed to loose most of the channels, while some remained. I moved the aerial from the TV hub to the TV directly and all 200 channels were there. I read some online tips and retuned the TV hub, all channels were restored and again it was ok for a few days until the same problem happened again, needing the TV hub to be retuned, again all channels were restored. This is happening too frequently now, almost every day the hub needs retuning, even powering the Hub down/up does not restore the channels and I have checked the signal levels on our LG tv and all are 100% signal strength and signal quality, so I'm thinking there is a fault with the TV hub loosing the channels frequently. When we had the old TalkTalk TV box we never had any problem with the signal and never lost any channels, this has happened only since installing the new TV Hub. Could you please advise how to fix this annoying problem.

Yours sincerely

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Totally agree, a new Hub is what's needed, that would have been my next step.

Let me know if things are ok with the new Hub.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Karl,

We lost channels again, today the TV Hub shows just 38 channels where as after each time I retune the hub it recovers with 179 channels.

I managed to call TT support, and was on the call for over 2 hours, while the rep was very patient and understanding I felt the issue was not being resolved. Eventually I was passed through to the manager who suggested to send an engineer round, I said that they won't fix it it needs a new hub...thankfully they agreed and a new TV hub is on its way to me. Fingers crossed this one will work.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Glad to hear the channels have been restored.  Keep an eye on things and let me know asap if this happens again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

hello,

yes, I followed the instructions exactly for the reset, and again 179 channels were received ok when at the tuning process, but again after some hours the hub showed most of the channels from 1-to-100 were missing, while those on HD were all there. But then later in the day the hub reported there was no signal at all, even though the YouView guide showed all program details for all channels we could not select any channel, so to test the signal I again moved the aerial from the hub to the LG TV showed all channels were received in perfect quality.

Having tried yesterday to chat online to TT they could not help as systems were down, but my internet is working fine.

So today I got through on the phone to a TT rep in South Africa, who again went through some checks with me, this time asked me to use the reset button on the back of the hub (needed a pin), and this time channels were restored and this  evening are all still viewable.

My thoughts are though the new TV hub has an intermittent fault. The TT TV box with recorder we had for many years was faultless,

Regards

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Tim011

Did you try the reset as advised ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried resetting the box to see if there was a bug in the software?

Details on how to do this can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Box-Maintenance-Reset/ta-p/1429347

Let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes