cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Wi-fi dropout

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Almost every evening around 5:00 our wi-fi drops out for a few hours. Only two of us in the house and mostly only one using the system. Not a major issue but irritating at times when we want to check for emails or read TV Times or look at Facebook etc. I understand that network congestion or throttling are the probable causes but is there a possible cure?

Richard
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Hi, I have been slow to respond whilst following progress. I am pleased to note that we-fi has been working well for the week to date.  I thank you and colleagues for whatever you did to fix the problem. I am sure that I did nothing myself to improve the situation. I thank you dearly and hope that I do not have to bother you further

Richard
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

OK thanks. And as far as you are aware all device lose their internet connection at the same time?

Chris

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

We are an elderly couple and not technically knowledgeable so answering tour questions is not easy.

You say "Are all your devices connected to the router by wifi or do you have devices connected by Ethernet cable?" 

My best reply is attached to the router are: 1)Mains line, 2)phone line, 3)Grey cable to BT Mini Wi Fi Hobspot mains connector that leads to downstairs connector to TV, 4)Yellow cable to TalkTalk mains that also leads to downstairs mains input to Manhattan TV box plus, 5) Yellow cable to PC.

The wifi failure is quite recently regular.  Always at approximately the same evening times.

Richard
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Are all your devices connected to the router by wifi or do you have devices connected by Ethernet cable?

Chris

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

I'm not aware of any specific change to router lighting when the wi-fi drops out but I can check specifically when it occurs next (probably this evening). The router power and broadband lights are constant. The internet, wireless and ethernet lights flash all the time and the tv light doesn't light at all.  

Richard
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Woodpecker63,

Line test isn't showing any disconnections. Does the light change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

All connections at home are fine, we just get the loss of wi.fi connection at evening time. It is not every day, but most, with no regularity in times.

Regards

Richard
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Woodpecker63

Thanks for checking this. I've also completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Are wired connections ok? Once we have confirmed this then we can focus on the wireless performance.

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

I can confirm that I have checked HomeSafe and am assured that the KidSafe bit has not been signed on, nor has anything else. Is there anything else that can be done to avoid my wi-fi dropouts?

Richard

Message 11 of 14

Hi Woodpecker63

So every TalkTalk broadband customer gets our HomeSafe web filter included for their home Wi-Fi, protecting any device that’s connected. You just activate it and choose your settings in My Account.

How to use HomeSafe® - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Woodpecker63
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Sorry, I don't understand. How do I "log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

I have never knowingly switched any such matter.

Richard
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Woodpecker63

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

0 Likes