cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home move

No ratings

We know you'll be wanting to get online as quickly as possible once you're in your new house, that's why we've made this process really easy.

To make sure everything's ready for you at your new home, we need a minimum of 14 days notice (the more the better, but no more than 3 months). There's no charge for moving your services. When you're ready just go to My Account, start a chat on our website, or contact us we will need two pieces of information from you:

Your new address

Your moving date

Moving home       Moving day     Settling in

Moving home

Can I keep my phone number?

Yes, if you’re moving within the same telephone exchange area then it may be possible to take your current phone number. You may not be able to transfer your number if you are moving outside of your local exchange area. If you move to another exchange, you’ll be given a new number. We'll let you know if you can keep your number when you book your move with us.

What if I'm moving to a newly built or converted home?

This can sometimes cause a delay as the cabling may be needed to be put in place. Openreach, who install new lines for us and other providers, will contact us and we'll assign you a case manager to keep you up to date on progress. The work needed can vary greatly, and if permission is needed from a local authority this can cause further delays.

Do I need an engineer?

When you book your move, we'll be able to tell you if you need an engineer appointment. If you know you'll want help setting up your service, contact us.

Do I need to sign a new contract?

If you're currently on one of our Fixed Price Plans you'll be given the option to keep your existing contract or sign a new one. If you're on our legacy packages we will be updating you on our new Fixed Low Price plans.

What broadband speeds will I get in my new home?

We'll be able to estimate this when you book your move.

Moving day 

On the day, you'll need to pack up all your TalkTalk equipment to take with you and set up when you get there. Here's a checklist to help:

Your router

YouView box (If you have one) 

Microfilters (If you use them)

All connecting cables

When will my service be working?

When you book in your move, we'll give you a provisional 'go live' date. If you need a new line and this will delay things we'll let you know. You can watch TalkTalk TV as soon as your broadband is live and your TV box is connected.

How do I get my TV box set up for me?

There's an installation guide, but if you change your mind about doing it yourself, you can contact us to book an engineer visit. It's free for the first 10 days and £65 after that.

Download the installation guide

Settling in

Once you're set up everything should continue to work smoothly, but there's always the unexpected. So if you come across any problems after your moving day we're here to help.

What if I have trouble setting up my TalkTalk at my new address?

Just give us a call on 0345 172 0088 free from your TalkTalk phone and we'll help.

No socket in your new property?

If your service has gone live but you can't find a socket for your internet connection, call us on 0345 172 0088 and we'll arrange an engineer appointment.

Your socket doesn't seem to be working?

If your service has gone live but you think your socket is not working, please check our tips on sockets and adapters.

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day.

If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088