cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a fault

Report a fault

We understand that it's frustrating when things don't go well. At TalkTalk, we're committed to providing the service you deserve. If you have concerns with your connection or equipment, whether the speed of your broadband is spotty or your router is on the blink, our guide below will tell you how to get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Reporting a fault with
My Connection

You can use these tools in My Connection to identify any concerns with your service:

• Our live connection test highlights any faults on your line. 
  • Our fault tracker keeps you updated on the status of any issues you've reported. 
  • Our speed tester makes sure you're getting the speeds you need to surf and stream. 
  • Our network service status page keeps you updated of any outages in your area.

Reporting a fault with
My Account

When you're signed up for My Account, you'll have access to the following:

• Check any previous or upcoming bills and payments.
  • Upgrade or add new services such as TV to your account.
  • Manage your home Wi-Fi security settings.
  • Register any accessibility needs you require.

If you've not signed up for My Account, you can create an account using the link below.

Report a fault by
contacting us

If you're stuck, don't fret — just have a chat with our friendly team. Follow the link below and scroll down to the chat box to begin a live chat. This is the easiest and quickest way to get a hold of us and have your fault checked and resolved.

If you'd like to contact us in a different way, we've provided some alternative ways to contact us in the FAQs section below.

Frequently asked questions

You can report a fault using My Connection or My Account. If you get stuck, use the live chat link on your My Account Dashboard page to be quickly connected with our chat team who will work with you to resolve the fault.

We regularly update our My Connection and Service Status pages with any upcoming maintenance on our network, or if there have been any recent outages. If any of the icons show in orange or red, this indicates a developing issue in part of our network. You can then select the icon to find out whether the incident or maintenance affects your service area, and an estimated time for service to resume.

Unforeseen circumstances mean that our network might drop from time to time. This could be from something as simple as a loose wire in an exchange, up to a labourer accidentally cutting through one of our fibre cables while digging up a road. We may also close off parts of our network at times when we need to perform essential maintenance or improvement works. Rest assured, we will always keep our customers updated of any issues through My Connection, and when these issues are likely to be resolved.

The quickest way to get in touch with us is through our live chat feature — you can access it on your My Account home page, or by using the chat link above.

If you'd prefer to contact us a different way, check out How to contact TalkTalk Broadband to find alternative methods of contacting us.

If you've not logged a fault previously, then you'll need to log the fault with us, either through My Connection, My Account, or our live chat, depending on what the issue is.

If you've previously logged a fault in My Connection, you will have been given a log number. If you log into My Connection, you'll be able to view this fault and any actions we've taken to resolve this for you.

If you've logged a fault over live chat, we'll keep you updated via email. If you've not heard anything, feel free to chat to us again and provide the fault number and we'll happily provide an update on the status of the fault.