Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop your One Click Rip offs

Topdad9
First Timer
Message 1 of 4

I have just discovered that my contract was lengthened and increased in price about mid term  last August. I have checked all my emails from talk talk and could find no explanation for this. So when I managed to speak to customer servicers they explained that I had clicked on a 'one click' they had sent me via my account and authorised this myself.

The fact that I didn't want to volountarily pay more for longer for the same service, and they never told me I had done this, doesn't seem to concern talk talk. Their argument is that they send all customers this 'one click' so I urge everyone to be VERY CAREFUL with talk talk as this appeaers to be some kind of move to get a proportion of customers to accidentally agree to pay more for the same service. I can see no other explanation. It is a shame because in other respects they have been OK.

3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi Topdad9

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

The one click email campaign is aimed at making renewals easier, and a confirmation email is sent giving you 7 days to cancel the renewal and revert back. Did you receive that? 

Message 3 of 4

No, I made it quite clear that I have received no confirmation or other notification about this. the only way I discovered it was by visiting my online account and noticing the extended contract. I have carefully checked my email account and there was nothing from Talk Talk about this.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 4

Ok I suppose the only option, if you feel that you have been renewed against your will, would be to follow our complaints procedure

So you can discuss this with a complaints manager. 

0 Likes