cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

A year on and only just noticed it's not what I said yes too.

MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

As I've been looking into upgrading our connection to fttp, of which TalkTalk can't offer me even though I can get it from other companies (BT,Sky, Plusnet...... ect), I've only just noticed I'm not on the deal a signed up to just over a year ago. Yes, I should of noticed but at the time I had a lot going on including changing job. The bills seemed right so I just assumed it was right. I signed up to future fibre 300 with no TV yet I am on full fibre 150 with TV. We don't have the TV box as it got sent back.

Anyway, does anyone know where I stand with the contract?

With all the horror stories I've read about TalkTalks fttp I don't think I would upgrade with them anyway.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

If FTTP is available to your home but is not available at present from TalkTalk this usually means that TalkTalk have not yet got Openreach to install cablelinks at the exchange to connect the TalkTalk backhaul equipment to the FTTP potential customers. BT will have installed cablelinks so any ISP taking BT backhaul from the exchange can access those customers. Just keep checking the TalkTalk availability checker for Full Fibre.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

So let me get this right, the package I'm on is fast (which I knew) and it's done via openreach (which I knew) but fttp isn't available at my address via them? So how come, if I check their website and connection checker it says it is and I can get it from other providers?

This is one of the many reasons I think it's time to change ISPs when I'm ready to do so. I'll probably bite the bullet and go back to BT in a few months.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Is he not? You said "you renewed on fibre 150 in December 2021 there is no TV as part of that renewal. FTTP is not showing as available with us yet."

Which tells me, if FTTP from TalkTalk is not available, then the package must be Gfast 150.

Message 4 of 10
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Just a heads up that if FTTP does become available for you (you're currently on a Gfast package via Openreach) the one stop shop switching process to and from FTTP packages with different ISP's was supposed to be available from April 2023. However, the latest from OFCOM is that this new process is going to be significantly delayed.  So you might still need to contact TalkTalk's cancellation team.

The automatic switching process for non FTTP packages via the Openreach network from one ISP to another when both use Openreach to provide service connections is still good and your current package would be cancelled by your new ISP as a one stop shop order placement with the chosen ISP.  But still worth talking to TalkTalk retentions for an ever better price that you couldn't turn down.

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

LiveChat Messenger

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088, Better value contract renewals and cancellations on 0345 172  5157, if you're thinking of leaving, and Full Fibre enquiries on 0345 172 0074 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

0 Likes

MrMurtel
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming. Something to consider in a few months as I will probably change ISP. I've always had to use my own routers as the ones provided have never worked correctly so I wouldn't hold much hope with the fttp working.

Message 7 of 10

Just popping in as it's an easy answer.

£10.20 per month remaining on the Fibre 150 contract so 10 months is £102. Cancelling see Early Termination Charges.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

As I said, my email confirmation said I was also signed up to future 300. Anyway, as fttp IS available to me through other ISP's how much would I be charged for leaving TalkTalk early?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi MrMurtel

Your account shows that you are in contract till 04/12/2023 you renewed on fibre 150 in December 2021 there is no TV as part of that renewal.

FTTP is not showing as available with us yet,

0 Likes