cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband down

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Hi, 

can someone at talktalk please sort out this confusion for me ? Spoke the customer services and after an hour of checking I was told my router is not working. Then tried to sell me the WiFi router, so have a basic one being sent out. 20 mins after the call had ended I got a txt saying. 

TalkTalk Update: An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust and we will monitor that closely. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre. 
so what’s the problem, router or line ?? 

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 41 of 44

Sorry 

my phone line can still receive calls but not sure about making calls. 

0 Likes

Sjd-1965
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 42 of 44

Hi , 

I’ve reset the router and replaced it with a spare one that I had from you a couple of years back and that’s still the same. Your customer service person I spoke to yesterday insisted it was a router problem. This is becoming a big problem as I’m supposed to be working from home. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 43 of 44

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone? Did you try factory resetting the router and then re-setting this back up again?

Thanks

0 Likes