cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Facetime & Whatsapp Calls not running on TalkTalk WIFI

guywatts
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi Team,

I've had my FTTP 500 Service since July last year - little to no problems.

Recently calls on our Apple Devices using Whatsapp & Facetime have failed to make calls out or recieve them on the TalkTalk Wiif. They work perfectly on the 4G/5G Networks but have stopped working on the wifi.

I have disabled Home Safe and the Scam protection to see if that has made anything better, but it hasn't.

I found this thread: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/whatsapp-not-connecting-to-wifi/td-p/2653703

Which sums up my issue and sounds like an adjustment made by one of the TT Team would fix my issue. 

Could i ask for this to be looked into? 

Thanks,

Guy 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Guy

Thanks for your reply.

I can try a different firmware version to see how the connection compares. Would you like me to update this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle, 

Sorry i thought i had replied! 

It's the following - I have reset the router and power cycled: 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K100136

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Ok, thanks for trying this. Have you also powered down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can sometimes help. What version of firmware is currently on the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle, 

yes I have, all reset but to no avail sadly

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you using the Wifi Hub? Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this back up again?

Thanks

0 Likes