cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Move master socket or extension for router

MartinG5211
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi, 

I have been a Virgin broadband customer for the last two years and I am now looking to switch. 

The issue is my openreach master socket enters the property in an inconvenient place in the kitchen. Ideally I would like to move this next to the TV in the living room. Is this something talk talk can deal with and if so how would I arrange this? Would an alternative option be some sort of extension lead from the master socket to my chosen router location? Or would this affect the broadband speed in a noticeable way?

Thanks in advance

Martin

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@MartinG5211  if you are taking Faster Broadband or Fibre 35/65 over the phone line you should have no problems using an extension from the filtered side of the master socket.

I have been using a 15m RJ11 ADSL extension cable on both basic ADSL and now Fibre 35 for many years and the sync speed is not affected at all as compared to connecting directly to the master socket, the attenuation figure reported by the router does not change.

If you opt for g.fast Fibre 150 things may not be so simple.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Are you intending to take out a FTTC package, or Future (i.e. full) Fibre service with TalkTalk?

0 Likes