cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router auto channel select

ChrGtt81
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Please can you disable my auto WiFi channel option for my router, I'm getting too much interference from other routers in my area. I monitor the channels that are least used and manually change my router when needed.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi ChrGtt81

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @ChrGtt81,

It is only the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub that has this 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' feature, so assuming you have that type of router the support team here will be able to switch that feature off for you, the router should then stay on whatever channel you select manually.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.