cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TPlink Wireless N Gigabit Router

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I know TalkTalk sell range extenders, but things are tight finance wise, and i have an unused TL-WR1043ND Wireless N Gigabit Router and i have been wondering if it can be used as a wifi range extender ?

I have weak area to one side of my house and cannot move the talktalk router any nearer to the weak spot. If needed i have a long ethernet cable that i can run under floor to connect the two devices but i'm wondering if the TPlink router would interfere with the talktalk router signal.

If anyone who is more tech savvy than me can assist then i would be very grateful.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Mally4
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

That's the one thing i didn't check, the 2.4ghz bit.

It does only support that frequency and as several connected devices in my home use the upper 5ghz band it seems to be a non starter.

Thanks for your reply though KeithFrench it helped a lot.

Cheers.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Well yes, it probably can, but it is probably a very old router by today's standards, only supporting the 2.4GHz WiFi band..

You will need to disable its DHCP server and connect one of its Ethernet LAN ports back to one of those on your TalkTalk router. Then configure its WiFi configuration to use the same WiFi network Name (SSID) & password as the TT router. Next, you need to use a WiFi analyser to find the best 2.4GHz channels to use on this & your TT router. I can help with this if you require it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes