cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Renew your Contract / Fibre difference?

Harag
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi

I'm just about to renew my contract and I have 2 options available on screen.

1. "Renew your contract" - £28* per month

2. "Renew your fibre" - £26* per month.

There is no difference between the two that I can tell except for the price that I can tell. Should I be ok going for the cheaper option, as both prices have a "star" next to them which says: 

*The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase each year from April 2023 by the rate of inflation (the Consumer Price Index rate, published in January each year) plus 3.7%. See talktalk.co.uk/legal for more information.

Why do they list both ?

Many thanks.

Harag_0-1669473048084.png

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

That I can only assume is an error. However, if you feel more comfortable, why not ring the loyalty department on 0345 1725157, you might even get a cheaper price.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Harag
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for the quick reply. After re-reading it again after I posted I thought that might be the difference, but then why does it have a star next to the price with the text say the price will increase each year. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The more expensive one includes Fixed Price Plus which basically means it will not be subject to the annual price rises for the duration of the contract that all ISPs impose:-

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/legal/annual-price-change 

On that page you will see:-

We offer the following price plans, so that customers have a range of ways to pay. These include:

• Standard variable plans – our standard fibre broadband plans. All customers on these plans will receive an increase of CPI+3.7% each April.

• fixed Price Plus plans – for a few pounds extra each month customers can opt to fix the price of their broadband for the duration of their contract. Once out of contract, the price customers pay each year will increase by no more than the rate of inflation.

• Pre-Pay Saver- existing customers can save even more on their broadband package when they renew their contract by paying up-front for 12 months. There will be no price rise applied to these prices during the 12 month contract.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes