cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Vpn issue

Suraj85
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi my vpn connection has stopped working today - has worked for ages. tried chat twice but they couldn’t help resolve it - can anyone help? Need this vpn connection for home working 

CD5D1F37-3EEC-4A6B-98BC-8D00A31AF307.jpeg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Suraj85

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 10

Yes please -urgently 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Suraj85

This should resolve the issue. Would you like me to send the router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Will that sort the vpn connection problem ? It’s strange that only all of a sudden the vpn connection has stopped working after a year of connecting ?!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Suraj85

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi not sure what that means or how I check that but I have the server address number if that helps?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, which VPN client are you using and is the VPN protocol L2TP or PPTP?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi yes it’s version SG4K100130

i have updated my contact details as requested please can someone help me.

For some odd reason I can’t even access Facebook now  on my internet - but I can on my phones 4G . But the main problem is not getting on the Work VPN 

please help! 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Suraj85,

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?

If you go to http://192.168.1.1/ and look at the 'version' number towards the bottom of the screen is it SG4K100130 ?

If so, this may have been caused by your router upgrading to a new firmware version, this has caused several customers to experience issues when trying to use the built in Windows VPN.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes