cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email abroad

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

I’m abroad and receiving emails but not able to send any.

it keeps not sending them and holding them in my outbox 

can anyone advise ..

Community Star

Hi @branny 

TalkTalk does rate limit email connections from overseas networks and when you use an email client like Outlook, for example, you need to make sure 'requires network authentication' is selected and secure SSL/TLS encryption is used.

Even so, the rate limiting can be quite severe from 'risk' locations where the risk of spam is high. It's purely a protective measure to stop or limit spam entering the TalkTalk network.

Try TalkTalk Mail if your mailbox is already upgraded to the new platform. No guarantee that it'll be 100% but likely to be more dependable than using an email client.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi branny, depending on the country you're in will dictate the amount of mail you can send. Where are you in the world?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

First Timer

Hi - thanks for the response. I’m in Malta 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi branny, for users in Malta there's a 2 mail per day limit. You should be able to 2 send 2 in a 24 hours period and this is based on rolling 24 hours not 1 calendar day.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.