Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lineone email

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I cannot access my Lineone email and it would appear form this forum that I am not alone in this.  I snet a message via text this morning to try and sort this out.  The got told I needed to speak to someone so called the number given.  After being passed about via five differnt people I was informed that they could do nothing to help as I do not have a talk talk account.  My password has worked fine for years but now it seems will not, nor can I receive a reset email to another acount of mine that you have on file.  I shall complete the information requested and hope to hear shortly as to how to access my email account.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

would appear that alot of people are having this problem yet cannot get help via talk talk phone line

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @genie121

Welcome to Community. Here's the place where you will get help. TalkTalk will need to verify your ownership of the email account and I note you've put details in your Community profile.

So, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

all done as took advice from other posts after posting.  Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

The very high number of customers using weak or compromised passwords makes it necessary for us to reset the passwords of many accounts every week. 

Highlighted

Hi genie121, please add the landline number as I can't log the ticket for you without it. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
but why stop our accounts? why not put a message up when we try to log in?
Highlighted
Popular Poster
I do not know the telephone number as the account is about 20 years old. I think it started with 930, 950 or 933. Area code has changed as is now 0208 cannot recall what it was 20 years ago. Please can someone call me as have been waiting all day to hear with regards to my account as was unaware of the messages
Highlighted
Popular Poster
I did put on the info that I did not know the number as it was many years ago.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
I have managed to get the reset to work and send the link to the other email I have listed in password recovery. As I have sorted this myself I no longer require a telephone call.
Highlighted

That's great. We aim to please and the recovery tool has done it's job. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
LOL technically you did not do anything as I sorted it. If I had received a call as asked then it might have been resolved sooner and with your help.
Highlighted

The whole point of the recovery tool is that you don't need to contact us as you can help yourself.  My colleagues wouldn't have called you if they saw you had alternate details setup in the tool. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
In my original message I wrote: ' nor can I receive a reset email to another acount of mine that you have on file.' Not once until this message was I informed that you would not contact me to help if I had alternate details on file. I wrote on here because the recovery tool was not working for me and therefore required help to access my email. Thank you for informing me of this as it would appear I would receive no help to access my email if this was to occur again.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @genie121

When OCE_Ady gets a request for password recovery the first thing checked is if there is a password recovery in place.  If there is then the user is asked to try that before ownership verification checks and ticket being raised to the networks crew for a new password.

However, you said up front 'nor can I receive a reset email to another acount of mine that you have on file' so that just left you to offer the required ownership verification details necessary to pass data protection requirements.

If those details had checked out then the ticket would have been raised and it would state that owner's password recovery is not available so that this linking, if there, can be removed by the Networks crew for your ongoing security.

You discovered that the password recovery tool was in fact working. So you have a self-service way to reset the password. Just make sure it's unique and ultra-strong.

Should you lose access to the password recovery email and or mobile phone recovery, if available, then you can always come to Community so long as you can offer the required ownership verification details.  If proof of ownership doesn't pass the basic test there's still an appeal route via the CEO's office team who would look at other forms of proof.

That's how it works. Enjoy your weekend.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer