Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New email system total rubbish - needs sorting

ANSWERED
fedup
Chat Champion

Ok, thanks - but can I put back the forwarding to Yahoo now, as it doesn't seem to have made any difference removing it?

Community Team

I don't see why not. If they need you to turn it off again they'll ask. 

fedup
Chat Champion

Brendon, from Service Management Centre, left 'phone message. Sorry, I don't know number to contact him on, so please could you tell him I've checked spam folder and none of the relevant emails are there. Thanks

Community Team

Hi fedup, I've passed on your comments and asked my colleague to chase the fault ticket for you. Please let us know how you get on.

GillCF
Team Player

What happens if you have done all you have said re emails not getting through and they still do not get through? So the advice is fine, if it works but not much help if it makes no difference whatsoever.

I also think all this junk we get about Russian ladies and bitcoins has something to do with the security breach TalkTalk had. I am beginning to feel a notification to the Information Commissioner's Office is on the cards due to the amount of these emails that get through to all of our addresses

Gill F
Community Team

Hi GillCF, please start your own thread. I'm afraid spam has nothing to do with any hacks it's a simple fact of email worldwide. You are of course welcome to contact the ICO but spam isn't really something they'll be interested in. If you want to see if your email details are in the hands of the dark web take a look at https://haveibeenpwned.com/

fedup
Chat Champion

I've heard nothing more about resolving this issue for ages. I know TalkTalk wanted details about when emails not arriving were sent and I was unable to provide this information. However, I've recently discovered that TalkTalk chat transcripts were not being emailed, so I started another online chat, as I thought this would be an ideal way of discovering the problem. I told Nokulunga he would not be able to resolve the problem, but he insisted, at the end of the chat, that he had and that chat transcript would be emailed. I copied the chat, knowing it wouldn't, and - no surprise - I was correct. No transcript arrived. I copied the chat, which is pasted below. The chat ended at 13.30 on 13th November. I wasted ages on this latest chat, to no avail. So please can this be passed on to whoever was looking at the problem before, as I am sick and fed up with this.

Good afternoon rita, I can see that you have logged into My Account before chatting to us can you please confirm if you are the account holder? So there will be no need for us to ask you any further security questions, how can I help you today?
rita stone
at 12:28, Nov 13:
yes, i am account holder
rita stone
at 12:29, Nov 13:
For ages, some emails have not been arriving. Your team were looking into it and asked me to get some of the people emails were not arriving from to let me know when they were sent. This was not possible and I've stopped hearing from you about resolving the situation
rita stone
at 12:30, Nov 13:
However, the last 3 chat transcripts I've requested from you (the last one Saturday) have not arrived
Nokulunga
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, rested assured I will try my best to assist you today. Let’s go ahead and resolve this for you. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to go through your account and then we’ll go through some health checks with you.
rita stone
So, I thought if, when I end this chat, you note the precise time, this might help in discovering why some emails are not arriving
rita stone
at 12:31, Nov 13:
No point in doing health checks - I've deleted spam filters, etc., as requested and nothing helps
Nokulunga
at 12:31, Nov 13:
Alright thank you for informing me and I understand your frustration regarding this issue Rita, I will do my best to assist you. Please allow me a moment
rita stone
at 12:32, Nov 13:
ok
Nokulunga
at 12:33, Nov 13:
Thank you.
Nokulunga
at 12:37, Nov 13:
Please confirm the last 3 digits of your alternative contact number
rita stone
at 12:38, Nov 13:
Nokulunga
at 12:39, Nov 13:
Thank you for confirming Rita. To confirm you are using your home TalkTalk internet connection to chat to us today .
rita stone
at 12:40, Nov 13:
yes
Nokulunga
at 12:41, Nov 13:
How long have you been experiencing this issue of not receiving emails from people.
rita stone
at 12:42, Nov 13:
months - as I said, your people were supposed to be looking into it and needed details of emails sent that were not arriving. That is why this can now be provided and emails of chat transcripts are not getting through
Nokulunga
at 12:44, Nov 13:
Again I would like to apologize Rita, I will help you resolve this issue, have you ever linked your emails to your broadband account?
rita stone
at 12:45, Nov 13:
I don't know what you mean. As I keep saying, this needs to be passed on to the people why were trying to diagnose the problem. They will need to know when this chat ended and when the transcript was supposed to be emailed
rita stone
at 12:46, Nov 13:
You cannot possibly sort the problem out here and now
Nokulunga
at 12:46, Nov 13:
I can assure you that this issue will be resolved Rita, as I am doing my best to find a resolution for this problem.
Nokulunga
at 12:47, Nov 13:
Are you able to access the internet using your TalkTalk home connection?
rita stone
at 12:48, Nov 13:
Well it hasn't been resolved up to now - I've even had your people phone me to speak about it - and, as I keep saying - they needed to know detasils of emails that don't arrive
rita stone
at 12:48, Nov 13:
yes i am
rita stone
at 12:49, Nov 13:
I know from the forum that lots of people have had similar problems - it all started when TalkTalk supposedly "improved" the email system and spam filters
Nokulunga
at 12:50, Nov 13:
I am glad you have brought this to my attention Rita, please be assured that your email issue will be resolved as I am working on this issue.

Could you please tell me the last part of your email address? This is the section after the @ symbol. F

or example it might be talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk.
rita stone
at 12:51, Nov 13:
talktalk.net
Nokulunga
at 12:52, Nov 13:
May you please provide the part of your email address that is before the '@' symbol?
rita stone
at 12:53, Nov 13:
rita.stone
Nokulunga
at 12:55, Nov 13:
Thank you for that information Rita, are you having problems receiving emails from everyone, or just an individual or single domain name (e.g. @gmail.com)?
rita stone
at 12:56, Nov 13:
Just certain, various organisations - I've provided details of those I know weren't arriving previously
rita stone
at 12:57, Nov 13:
not restricted to one domain name
rita stone
at 12:57, Nov 13:
As I keep saying, whatever the email address of your chat transcripts is does not arrive and this should help
Nokulunga
at 12:58, Nov 13:
Okay, I understand Rita and are you accessing your TalkTalk Mail account through our website - https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite - or via an App/program on your device?
rita stone
at 12:58, Nov 13:
I google talktalk webmail
Nokulunga
at 12:59, Nov 13:
Alright, are you currently logged into TalkTalk Mail?
rita stone
at 13:00, Nov 13:
No, because when I log in to my account, the webmail disappears
Nokulunga
at 13:01, Nov 13:
Rita, If you need it, the web page address is https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite. Please try to log in now.
rita stone
at 13:02, Nov 13:
ok, but I might lose this chat
rita stone
at 13:02, Nov 13:
am now logged in
Nokulunga
at 13:04, Nov 13:
You wont loose the chat Rita, please kindly try.
rita stone
at 13:04, Nov 13:
Yes, I'm logged into email now
Nokulunga
at 13:06, Nov 13:
Thank you, is your mail quota almost full?
rita stone
at 13:06, Nov 13:
I don't know
rita stone
at 13:07, Nov 13:
My emails are forwarded to another email address, so I don't log in to my talktalk emails so often to delete emails
rita stone
at 13:07, Nov 13:
inbox is +999, but even when it was less had this problem
Nokulunga
at 13:09, Nov 13:
Thank you for informing me Rita. Please kindly delete some emails that you don't need which is why you might be having this problem as there are a lot of emails, in the email address.
Nokulunga
at 13:10, Nov 13:
You'll need to please, delete some emails to free up space which will resolve this issue.
rita stone
at 13:13, Nov 13:
I've started deleting some, but I'm sure this is not the problem. As I say, this started when there were not so many.
rita stone
Also, if this was the cause, surely no emails would get through
rita stone
I'll carry on deleting some more
Nokulunga
at 13:14, Nov 13:
Using this same method, you should now clear any unwanted emails from your Inbox. You can also clear the contents of the Spam and Trash folders to free up more space. Doing this regularly should stop the problem happening again in future.
Nokulunga
at 13:15, Nov 13:
The next step is to check your mailbox's send and receive functionality, so you'll now need to send a test email. Do you need any help on how to do this?
rita stone
at 13:18, Nov 13:
I've emptied trash
rita stone
at 13:18, Nov 13:
who do i send a test email to
Nokulunga
at 13:19, Nov 13:
how to send an email to either test-ml@talktalk.net or smctest@tiscali.co.uk

1) Click 'Compose' to open up a new email.
2) Enter test-mail@talktalk.net or smctest@tiscali.co.uk into the 'To' field 3) Enter something easy to identify in the 'Subject' field, for example 'Test Email'
4) Click 'Send'.
rita stone
at 13:21, Nov 13:
Done that and it appears in my sent list
Nokulunga
at 13:22, Nov 13:
Thank you Rita and have you received an automated response from the email address you sent the test email to?
rita stone
at 13:23, Nov 13:
yes
Nokulunga
at 13:24, Nov 13:
I have ran checks for you Rita and it looks like you're now able to send and receive emails and the issue is now resolved for you everything is now fine. If you have further problems, please don't hesitate in contacting us as we are always here to assist you with any issue you have. 🙂
rita stone
at 13:25, Nov 13:
Sorry, but I don't think it is. I've always been able to send emails and the majority of emails arrive too.
rita stone
at 13:26, Nov 13:
I suspect that email of this chat transcript will not arrive
Info
at 13:26, Nov 13:
A copy of this conversation will be sent to *removed*
Nokulunga
at 13:27, Nov 13:
It will be Rita and I can assure you that your issue has been resolved I do understand that you are frustrated and I have done my best to kindly assist you today and we have resolved this issue for you.
rita stone
at 13:28, Nov 13:
Ok, we'll see. I'll end this chat now
Nokulunga
at 13:29, Nov 13:
It was a pleasure chatting with you Rita, I want to thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us today and for being so patient. We at TalkTalk pride ourselves at providing the best service to our customers and I’m glad we could come to resolution today. While I still have you on the chat, is there anything else that I can help you with today?

chat ended 13.30 on 13th november

ferguson
Community Star

@fedup  You included your full email address in the transcript above, I have removed it for you. You do need to select the option for an email to be sent.

fedup
Chat Champion

Thanks for removing address - I know you have to ask for chat transcript to be emailed and I always do - but last 4 chats have not arrived

ferguson
Community Star

When you say "ask" do you mean clicking on the options and entering your email address?

When you are in the chat field you should see a + sign like this:

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 16.06.42.png

And if you click on that + sign you should then see this:

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 16.07.00.png

If you click on the Email transcript icon it will ask for the address you want it sending to. Is that what you have been doing?

fedup
Chat Champion

Yes, that's right - and then it says something like it will be emailed when the chat ends. (I've learnt that it's always wise to have chat transcripts as proof of what has been said during my many disputes with TalkTalk).

ferguson
Community Star

OK, well it always works for me. Have you checked your junk/spam to see if it has been put in there?

hothfield
Repeat Guest

Well hi and I have to agree that chat transcripts often are not emailed. They are often GREYED OUT in the options boxes and the only option is to print, if you are lucky enough to be connected with your printer at the time.

Whether or not chat transcripts are emailed to the chat recipient is entirely in the hands of TalkTalk Customer Services (South Africa division) and I would say is entirely unrelated to whether your email problem has been dealt with or not.

Chat and/or phone calls to Customer Services are just  the frontline of the organisation with pre-scripted  responses to keep us 'at bay' and you cannot expect any help whatsoever in getting a major problem or error dealt with unless the issue is 'escalated'.  But be prepared for more inertia as I can confirm the escalator did stop midway with my issue still on it like an abandoned pram!

Not the best analogy, I know, but now that I have reluctantly decided to join TalkTalk's equivalent of Facebook I can be assured that I might get help to retrieve my  pram back intact.

I am in high expectation of receiving TalkTalk's first 'Stuck Pram' badge, just to add to my collection of puerile badges of honour....

fedup
Chat Champion

Hi - Thanks for enlightening me about the chat email matter. I totally agree with the rest you say, but, in my experience, a problem being 'escalated' results in just the opposite in that it goes to be back of the queue. On one such occasion, I related the whole sorry, longwinded saga on Trustpilot and this resulted in the problem being sorted pronto when all else had failed!

I too wish they'd abandon this stupid badge scheme - many a time, after slagging them off, I've been awarded some stupid title - it's like getting a gold star in infants' school.

hothfield
Repeat Guest

Well at least we are having 'group therapy' .......!!!!

They sent me an engineer out as I had been to the 'Service Centre' after again not being able to 'add an existing mailbox' or 'create a new mailbox' and my line was flagged up as a red triangle line fault that ' needed my help', so I entered into chat and after checks they sent out a cubic-man or whatever. The line fault was corrected but then my 'escalated' issue re webmail was immediately closed. Four weeks wasted.

Then went to rate on Customer Survey and TTrustpilot and like you ranted then hit the 'submit' button and got an error message - 'authentification failed'......

'Not now, Vicar!'.....