cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Accessing emails in outlook

Secondman
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have recently fixed my pc, but had to reinstall windows 2010. Which means I have to set up my talktalk email account again. The issue I am having is when I add my details email address, password, smtp and etc and test the connection, I get a pop up keep asking me for my email address and password. I know the email address and password are correct as I can access my emails via webmail. So don’t understand why outlook is not connection to the talktalk server.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Outlook 2010 is your problem. Outlook365 will work if you want to stick to Microsoft products. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

I have old an version of outlook 2010. Webmail works fine. No issues. Settings on pc where I am having the issue are as per talktalk web site mail.talktalk.net port 993. SMTP. talktalk.net  outgoings 587. Can not select start in outlook only SSL TLS or auto. Error message received when trying to test connection is cancelled not sending messages verify the email address in your account properties the server responded 530.5.1.0 h5kSrKEM3hU7P authentication required (TT401). No idea about thunderbird or how to use it. Or where email address is in property's 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Secondman, have you tested your credentials still work in webmail? If they do what version of Outlook are you using? Have you tested with Thunderbird? What email settings are you using?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 7

Hi @Secondman unfortunately I'm only a fellow customer so you will hear from Tt staff when they return to work tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Secondman
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I have now managed to get to the stage when testing in the test account settings log into incoming mail server  (IMAP) is status completed.  But the sent test email message fails. With the error message outlook cannot connect to your outgoings (SMTP) email server. If you

continue to receive this message contact ISP.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Secondman you probably have a corrupted. Ost or. Pst file.

Check with Microsoft they have some great apps for fixing Outlook. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes