cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't delete emails

nms789
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Trying to delete emails from my inbox, I got an error message saying I couldn't move any messages to Trash because my emails were almost full (can't see the amount anywhere - so advice on how to find that would be appreciated!)

When I try to delete Trash emails, I get 2 error messages & the messages won't delete. I've even tried deleting them individually: after confirming delete, they disappear from the Trash folder, but then the error message comes up again & the "deleted" emails are all reinstated.

So I can't delete because I need to delete?? (Can't check now - due to the errors I can't scroll down( it just keeps buffering) but on a previous check I discovered emails in my Trash went back more than 2 years - not the odd one, but ALL of them. What happened to permanent delete after 30 days?)

(Can't attach screenshots because the Browse hyperlink isn't working -!! So including them here.)

Screenshot_20231118_213709_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231118_213756_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

You're indicating that TalkTalk Mail had some platform fails. This coincides with other reports of a transient unavailability of the mailbox servers,  So, I'd say try again.

The Trash folder can contain mail messages older than 30 days if mail messages older than 30 days are moved to Trash. Just select the Actions on folder menu and select Empty Trash to completely clear the Trash folder.

The maximum mailbox quota is 10Gb and the current usage is shown at the bottom of the folder view.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes