cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot access emails via Samsung email app

GaynorO
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 13 of 13

I am also not able to access my talktalk emails using the samsung mobile app. I've updated everything and double checked all the server settings but still won't work since 17th February. What is it I need to do to get it working again? Thanks Gaynor

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi GaynorO, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

Great thanks. Hopefully they'll all be working soon.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

I've alerted Ady.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 13

Hi Gondola 

I have added the other addresses that need unlocking to the private notes. 

Thanks

Gaynor 

Message 5 of 13

OK, make sure the email addresses are added to your Community Private notes to replace the original one that was there. I'll request Ady take a look at the new addresses.

Message 6 of 13

Hi Gondola

Thanks for your reply. All the other email addresses are not working via samsung and apple mobiles. Have updated settings on all of them but can’t access the accounts through any of the apps.

thanks Gaynor

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Just to check, did you update the settings for all the TalkTalk email accounts and if so are these additional email accounts all not receiving and not sending mail on the phone or just not sending mail? Or do you have other devices using these email addresses that need settings updating?

Message 8 of 13

Hi Gondola

You recently fixed my access to talktalk mail from mobile phone app. My talktalk mail account has other email addresses which are still not working.  I'm guessing they musy all have to be unlocked separately. Would you be able to unlock all the email addresses that belong to my account. Thanks Gaynor

Message 9 of 13

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

Message 10 of 13

Hi Ady

My Samsung mail app is now re- connected to my talktalk email.  Thanks for your help

Gaynor 

Message 11 of 13

Hi GaynorO, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

The notification from TalkTalk advised that because devices had recently connected to your mailbox using insecure settings that, as an action of last resort, device access would be withdrawn. So that's what's happened.  Updating the settings at this late stage is good but the email app cannot authenticate the password until TalkTalk restore access.  I've requested that for you on the basis of self certification that the settings are now set for secure mail.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

Are there any other ways in which you view mail messages? Mail collection service, desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet, other phone etc? All must use secure settings from here on.

TalkTalk Support will respond here in due course.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile