cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Deleting an email address

JWBB1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I want to delete one of my email addresses but, when I go into Manage Email, Talktalk says they are doing backend backup work and hope for this to be available in September.  It's now October.  When will I be able to delete my email address?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

TalkTalk Mail users have always had the ability to request deletion of personal data which is what an email address is.

You're assuming that TalkTalk wants to keep the ability to create new email addresses. New customers are no longer offered TalkTalk Mail.  TalkTalk Mail is an overhead cost that TalkTalk can no longer afford to offer for free. That's my take on the situation.

None of the other big ISP's offer new customers an email service. Why? Email costs too much in both outgoing payments to a service provider and staff support costs.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Bruin3939
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

This temporary removal of create/delete emails is absolute BS and has been going on for far too long.

If Talktalk wants to keep customers then do something about this quickly.

0 Likes

JWBB1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for this.  I'll give that a try.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

TalkTalk have temporarily removed the ability for TalkTalk Mail users to create and delete mailboxes during the upgrade phase of migrating mailboxes. The following message in customer MyAccounts is currently displayed.

Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. We expect this work to be completed by September. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

The project work is running late. User deletion of mailbox email addresses may not be possible until the migration of all mailboxes, to the new TalkTalk Mail cloud platform, is complete. But you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution