email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mails to my Pipex accounts being returned as undeliverable - "Address rejected"

bigcheesephoto
Conversation Starter
Message 65 of 65

Hi

all afternoon and evening today, 1st December I've not received any e-mails, even junk(!) to any of my three pipex accounts, very unusual.

I've tried sending e-mails to myself from my iCloud and other accounts and I'm receving the following:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients.

<***mypipexemailaddress***>: host depot.dial.pipex.com[212.139.137.137] said:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***mypipexemailaddress***

Original-Recipient: rfc822;***mypipexemailaddress***

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; depot.dial.pipex.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I'm hping to recive an "official" explanation and more importantly, have teh problem fixed please!

ATB

Steve

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes
64 REPLIES 64

Message 1 of 65

Hi,

Glad to hear it's working again, apologies for any inconvenience, please let us know if you experience any further poblems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 65

Hi Martin, Steve, Ady etc etc

Yes, "normal" service (with regards to e-mails being delivered to domains) does appear to have been resumed but, to be fair, we've been here before haven't we?

The outage at the start of December was "fixed" for a about 10 days and then it happened again so I find it hard to imagine this fix will be permanent.

Good luck everyone, I've tried three times to open an formal complaint but as yet there has been no follow up from anyone at TT

Self employed person spending too much time trying to resolve problems with TalkTalk
0 Likes

Message 3 of 65

Hi All

Normal service appears to have been resumed. Is that true for you too Steve and Steve?

Ady, could you possibly find out what the issue was please?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 4 of 65

Not yet I'm afraid. I'll be back to you as soon as I hear anything. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 65

Hi Ady

Any more news?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 6 of 65
Me Too (as they say in Hollywood...)
0 Likes

Message 7 of 65

Hi Stevejw

I have two dial.pipex.com accounts. In both cases the "raw" accounts work but the domain names do not.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 8 of 65

Hi Steve

Likewise. Further, I suspect that the problem has been caused by some change that Talk Talk has made and that the reason that they can't provide a resoultion time is that they don't want to reverse the change.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Stevejw60
First Timer
Message 9 of 65

I've had exactly the same problem since near the end of November.  The problem fixed itself for a while during December then returned.

I have found the the @dsl.pipex.com address is working, but @dsl.pipex.co.uk is not.  Is that the same for you?

Steve

0 Likes

Message 10 of 65

Hi Martin

The excellent, helpful & concientious OCE_Ady tells me I'm not really in the right place here as I'm a "business" customer and that this is a "residential" forum

However, I'd just like to mention at this point Ithat 've been paying Talk Talk £245.00 pa (for more than a decade) for "domain services" and I'm told "Due to the age of the system, we can't provide an estimated resolution time at the moment."

I just can't understand why someone hasn't simplly dealt with this, migrated "legacy" accounts years ago and saved a lot of people a lot of bother 😞

0 Likes

Message 11 of 65

Thanks Ady, but please remind them that this has been a problem since before Christmas and is a recurrence of an earlier incident. It's a long time to be without email.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 12 of 65

Hi Martin, I did hear back and it's not looking like this will a quick fix. I'm still waiting for details as to what's causing the problem.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 65

Hi Ady

Yesterday you were hopeful that "I'll hear from my colleague in the morning with the results of his investigation." Any joy?

Regards

Martin

Message 14 of 65

Hi guys, you're welcome to speculate as to what's going on, but I will provide you with accurate information as and when I have it. If you can find posts from other posters with this issue please link them and I'll happily add them to the examples passed to the Email team. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 65

Hi Mart

perhaps the chewing gum became unstuck from the flux capacitor and we were somehow catapulted back to 1988...

It certainly feels like it!

ATB

S

0 Likes

Message 16 of 65

Hi Steve

Not great at all.

What baffles me is that they resolved this issue mid-Dec but seem to have no awareness of what caused the problem and what they did to resolve it.

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 17 of 65

Hi Martin

I've spoken to TT Business Support and had the reply below via Twitter DM:

Hello Stephen, thanks for getting in touch. We apologise sincerely for the issues affecting your e-mails and the time taken to provide a response. We're experiencing an incident at the moment affecting a small proportion of customers who have the legacy Pipex Business e-mail system together with their own custom domain name. E-mails sent to your main pipex.com address are received, but e-mails sent to .co.uk aren't diverted to your Pipex inbox. We're doing our best to resolve this as soon as we can, and it's our highest priority to ensure that normal e-mail functionality is resolved. Customer services are presently awaiting an update from our network systems department regarding the outage. Due to the age of the system, we can't provide an estimated resolution time at the moment. We understand if you wish to migrate your domain or e-mail services to another provider to restore e-mails quickly. If this is the case, please e-mail us from your alternate e-mail address listed on your account to domainadmin@talktalkbusiness.co.uk with the IPS tag of a new domain registar. Otherwise, we will ensure to provide further information regarding this issue as soon as we have an update from our networking team.

Not great when they start suggesting choosing another supplier is it?

Let me know how you get on!

ATB

S

0 Likes

Message 18 of 65

Steve

I'm struggling to believe that we are the only two affected by this. Surely lots of incidents must have been reported by one route or another and that should have prompted a slightly more urgent response?

Regards

Martin

0 Likes

Message 19 of 65

Dear Ady

Just in case it makes difference (even though I'm a "business" customer) same as xdf42:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 30 second(s):
 * name@domainname
Reason: The following message to name@domainname was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.
Reporting-MTA: dns; cmout2mk [212.74.114.24]
Received-From-MTA: dns; [10.0.1.105] [78.144.100.106]
Arrival-Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 14:02:09 +0000
Final-recipient: rfc822; name@domainname
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.
Last-attempt-Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 14:02:39 +0000

0 Likes

Message 20 of 65

Thanks Ady

M

0 Likes