cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email Hacked

hmead96
Participant
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

Hello! My email address h******ad@talktalk.net has been hacked. I cannot login or reset my password because I cannot access this email. Please help. This email was used to set up some of my social media platforms and they have all been hacked. This is a matter of urgency.

Harry Mead
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Hi Ady,

I've managed to finally reset my password to my webmail account. I was hacked over a month ago and am surprised it's taken this long to get the issue resolved. I thank you for your help and everyone else who has assisted but due to the long time frame I can't help but feel

disappointed with this service.

I am happy for this topic to be closed now.

Thank you.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Hi Ady,

I have just tried to reset my password to my email account but the link does not work. Please see attached what I saw. What happens now? How long will these technical issues last?

Thank you.

ScreenshotScreenshot

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 3 of 53

I've submitted the request for the reset tool to be updated. It will complete within 24 hours. You can check when its done by going to Password Reset Tool

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 53

Morning Ady, looking forward to your reply via PM when you can. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Philip

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 5 of 53

Morning Ady, please could you respond on here and/or to my PM when you can. Thank you.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 6 of 53

Good morning Ady, unfortunately I did not see your PM until now. The link still worked and I answered the questions but you may need to re-send another link if this one does not work. Thank you.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

Hi pmead66, if you get the PM I just sent please let me know as unless you read it in the next 90 minutes I'll have to resend the link.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 53

Hi pmead66, I'm having trouble sending the personal message to you. We've been trying to fix it in the meantime. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 53

OK, it sometimes happens that the Private Messages don't send so I'll ask Ady to try again.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 53

The screenshot is from the 16/10/2023. I then replied to Ady saying "please respond" on the 17/10/2023 with no response. Yes, you're correct. I've had no PM from Ady today with a new active link to verify my identity even though Ady said "I've sent the questions again" today.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

It's certainly not clear from the screenshot as to what's being asked for which is why I've advised you. Was the screenshot from the previous Private Message (PM) that Ady sent you on 16th or the one on 19th? But you're indicating that there's no PM from Ady dated today 31st?  Is that correct?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 53

Right. It does not say anywhere to enter "the two characters from your password" nor is it clear that this should be the password from the "Telephone password set up for your customer My Account". This is not clear and I would recommend updating this. Also, I have still not recieved a new link to enter this information. Please message me privately with the link. Thank you.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

When asked for the two characters from your password it's the Telephone password set up for your customer My Account and is the same password as used when verifying your identity to TalkTalk Customer service agents on the 'phone.

If you don't know your password then select NEXT on the line I don't know my password.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 53

Hi Ady, I have not recieved any questions.

Furthermore, last time I was sent the "questions" it did not make sense. Please see attached evidence of what I could see. It states "To continue our conversation we need to verfiy your identity by answering the following questions." Yet, I could see no questions. Please can you clarify this for me? I have the password to our old TalkTalk account, if that's useful?

Thank you.

Philip

ScreenshotScreenshot

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 15 of 53

Hi pmead66, I've sent the questions again.

Ady

Message 16 of 53

Just to confirm that Ady did resend the security questions on 19 October.  I have requested that the security questions are sent one more time to pmead66 for a prompt and accurate reply.  Your father as the account holder must be the only person to reply and then only via the secure link given with the security questions that will be sent to your father's Community login by Private Messaging. 

Top tip. The answers must be complete for all questions and accurate as the answers must match the information held by TalkTalk that would have been collected when the email account was first created. Tell dad, no 'guesses' please. And 'could be this or that' answers are likely to cause rejection and therefore inability on TalkTalk's part to comply with Data Protection and therefore disappointment in helping your dad to recover your email account for you.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 53

The security message needs to be responded to promptly, otherwise it will lapse. I am sure @Ady-TalkTalk will resend it if your father is ready to receive it and respond as soon as possible. Unsolicited PMs to the support team are not generally responded to as mentioned previously. Please continue on this thread and be ready to reply when required. 

Message 18 of 53

Hey Gondola, this was a mistake. My father had been logged into his account on my laptop. I refreshed the page, thinking my account was logged in. Please be reassured that this won't happen again. This is also besides the point. My TalkTalk email account is still hacked and I still cannot login. My father and I have completed all the necessary steps and still nothing has been resolved. This has been ongoing now for almost a whole month. My private messages to TalkTalk via this community are now being ignored. This service has been very poor. I've said from the beginning that this is an urgent matter and yet here we still are. I'd, again, like this to raised this week and resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 19 of 53

Hi pmead66, there's no security information attached to your user account. I've resent the message. 

Ady

Message 20 of 53

Hello hmead96

The first reply of the last post made in the name of your father pmead66 said "Hello, my father has not had a reply yet. ..." Then the post was edited to remove that sentence. Suspicious people might wonder if you have created both identies?

It wouldn't be wise to try and circumvent TalkTalk security processes.