cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email password recovery query

Tortoise1965
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Background: My parents aren't receiving emails. The error message is speaking about encryption. They're currently using Outlook 2010 on Windows 10, and I understand that TalkTalk no longer supports Outlook 2010's security procedures.  I'm planning to switch them to Thunderbird.

Unfortunately we haven't [yet] found their email password. I understand that the forgotten password procedure will send them an email, but they aren't receiving emails, and they've no other recovery methods set up.

We have access to MyAccount, and I'm registered as a nominated user.

Can anyone tell me the way out?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Nice. Thanks for confirming.

Best regards, Gondola.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Tortoise1965
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

All sorted - many thanks

Tortoise1965
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - I'll give that a try.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you or your parents have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send the alternate email address a link or the mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

If you see only the option to send an email link to the email address for which the login password has been forgotten then you'll need TalkTalk Support to set up new password recovery options for you / them.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution