email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 127 of 127

Last  few days having problems sending emails from my Pipex email address to a relative with a Yahoo address. Keep getting the following response from mailer-daemon@talktalk.net that delivery failed.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.    
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 13.9 hour(s):
xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Reason: The following message to xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

I see other threads on this forum with the same problem sending to other domains (eg. Sky) and wonder whether there is a wider issue extending to Yahoo too ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes
126 REPLIES 126

Message 121 of 127

I believe it's because the fix was deployed and it was believed it would clear the issue. The manager is aware that the fault is ongoing. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 122 of 127

@Ady-TalkTalk why isn't this longstanding incident reported on the service status page?

0 Likes

Message 123 of 127

That seems to be a common effect at the moment. I'm still waiting for the incidents team to update the ticket. I'll let you know more when I have it for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 124 of 127

@Ady-TalkTalk I sent a test message yesterday evening to the yahoo address and it was delivered albeit 6-7 hours after sending.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 125 of 127

Hi stevesurrey, there's an open incident for this. We were told that a fix had been put in place some 6 days ago or so. It was suggested that mailboxes would feel the benefit at different rates. I've sent a chase through our incident management team yesterday, I'm expecting an update later today from them. I'll post back as soon as I hear. 

0 Likes

Western_Miller
Participant
Message 126 of 127

@stevesurreyyou are not the only person with this issue I've also had a number of emails to @yahoo.co.uk returned as undeliverable this week.

0 Likes