cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Thunderbird email client cannot send email

geharvey
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have been using Evolution email client for years, to send and receive email. I had to change from Centos to Ubuntu and I am now using Thunderbird as my email client. Receiving email is fine, but I cannot send. It may be because I am using a free-online email address from 20 years ago, but now have talktalk as my ISP. My wife's Outlook sends fine, with a talktalk email. Mine does not, despite changing everything possible on Thunderbird; encryption, authentication methods, ports. No luck so far.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Glad that you have it sorted @geharvey 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 6

Hello Ady,

Thanks for confirming this, I came to this conclusion. My wife has no problem sending email. I have been using Evolution email client for years without a problem.

I have got round it by reconfiguring my email server at work to relay from my domain. If I couldn't do this, then I would be up the creek without a paddle.

Thanks Talktalk!

Graham.

Message 3 of 6

Hi geharvey, you can only send from TalkTalk servers if you're using a TalkTalk email address.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

geharvey
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hello Keith.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my enquiry. I have tried your suggestion, but have received the following error:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 2FkusoY1kF4sU MailFrom must match AUTH used (TT421). Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

This is for a talktalk.net address. In Thunderbird go to:-

File > New > Existing Mail Account

The initial page should be obvious, but you will need to do a manual configuration.

Your name: this is what recipients who receive your emails will see, not the name of the account. 

Enter your Email address & Password & then click the Configure Manually button.

Then set it up as shown:-

IMAP/SMTPIMAP/SMTP

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?