cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails being bounced back

davep
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

I found out last week that emails were being bounced back to sender with email address @mft.nhs.uk

Obviously these are quite important.  It happened from more than one sender.  They have checked and their IT dept says it's not a problem their end.  I've seen a few maybe similar threads from recent members.  Could someone please check this for me.  I don't have any restriction in my webmail.

I am also getting messages to my gmail address being stopped from being forwarded to my @Tiscali.co.uk thunderbird client, which worked for some  (very slow forward for login code) but not the latest message from @mft.nhs.uk

Thanks

The message on the reply was:

From: Microsoft Outlook <MicrosoftExchange329e71ec88ae4615bbc36ab6ce41109e@cmft.onmicrosoft.com>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2024 3:17 PM

Subject: Undeliverable: Letter

cm8gb1 rejected your message to the following email addresses:

xxx@tiscali.co.uk)
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

cm8gb1 gave this error:
AVjUs7qAAtTWFAVjYslYrg Content rejected (TT992)

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: LO9P123MB7788.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

not sure I understand why.  I did ask for escalation previously but it seems sorted now.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

In that case I'll pass this back to the team for further investigation for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

I still maintain that not receiving medical messages can have dramatic consequences, though I'm not sure what exactly comes through the mymft portal as I've avoided using it.  It seems to be working as I managed to receive messages yesterday from .mft.nhs.uk, so will leave it at that.

@Ady-TalkTalk @stevew5 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

I accept what you're saying but our incident system is based on volumes affected. Whilst we can see when an entire exchange loses power or a trunk cable is cut etc email is such a very difficult one to identify affected users without them reporting the issue. We do have systems in place to monitor for issues and such, but they're limited in their ability. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 31

@Ady-TalkTalk @stevew5  All very well only 2 reporting, but it should have been emphasised the potential seriousness of the emails being blocked.  As I may have mentioned, there may have been some who didn't know as they never received the messages.  I didn't until I was contacted by phone by someone who had the messages bounced.  For me, that instance wasn't especially important.  Automatically generated messages would presumably not have had anyone noticing the bounce backs.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 31

This was simply filtering issue. It took a while to identify due there being only the 2 of you reporting it. More customers affected would have increased the incident priority and speed of repair. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

@stevew5  I use Chrome to access Thunderbird and the community.  I dislike it slightly less than Gmail, so tend to use Firefox mostly.  I'd prefer to use the old Microsoft products like Win7, ie 11 and live mail.  In my view anything since has been backward steps.

I don't actually see how the browser would affect emails as I rarely use on to look at TT Webmail, but i guess somewhere in the net it may pass through some kind of browser, though that's beyond my conception.

0 Likes

stevew5
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 31

hi @Ady-TalkTalk and @davep 

Thanks for lettiing us know the MFT problem is resolved. Just wondering from a customer perspective if any method was wrong like using the safari web browser or an extension which both can cause havoc where email is concerned.  No problem if too technical or nothing has been said on what the delay was. Hope all future NHS emails can now get through

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

@Ady-TalkTalk Strangely, I received an email from .mft.nhs.uk over the weekend, so probably resolved, yes.  I got the notification of your post in my Thunderbird client forwarded from gmail, but another from the same email address, didn't forward.

I think myself and @stevew5  plus any others deserve an explanation of why this occurred, plus a reassurance that if it happens again it is resolved in a much more timely manner than this has been.   This isn't just not receiving something from a mate, it is potentially lives at risk.  I would personally chase things if I didn't get anything I might be expecting.  Others maybe wouldn't.

I asked before if you would escalate this.  I ask again as it could be too important to happen again.

I note that @stevew5 post has not been updated yet.  As above, I chased mine, maybe he didn't.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

I've been told that this is now resolved and all mail should be coming through from @mft.nhs.uk.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

another week gone - has this been resolved?

@Ady-TalkTalk @stevew5 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 31

I've not had an update on the incident ticket so I've chased the incident manager for an update. 

Ady

0 Likes

davep
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 31

@Ady-TalkTalk  This has been going for 3 weeks now from my initial contact.  It may well have been longer.  I know you don't have control over the problem, but I think it's about time this was escalated to a complaint to see if those above can get it resolved.   It is some kind of block to a major hospital trust emails and consequences, as I'm sure you appreciate, may well be extremely serious.

Any updates will be appreciated.

@stevew5 Anything your end yet?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

What you login to MyAccount with has nothing to do with how Email works, but you can use a TT address for MyAccount once you've registered with a non TalkTalk address. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

@Ady-TalkTalk    Strangely, I received an email from the mft address in my tiscali.co.uk account in T/B client, though it didn't come through to my wife's @talktalk.net inbox.  (contact sent it to both those, but not the gmail, must ask why)

My reply was sent to the mft, plus my gmail and wife's talktalk.  It came through to wife's but the gmail didn't forward to my tiscali, which is set to do..

Also, the log in to the forum email to the gmail forwarded to my T/B client but didn't arrive in my tiscali email on my phone.  Oh, it finally arrive 10 min later!

Not easy getting the input code on the same browser in which I have to input it. 

Can I now use my tiscali email address for my account instead of the gmail?  I believe @stevew5 may have been doing this as he had to set up a new email to get messages from mft.

All a bit strange and confusing

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

The team are still investigating this. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

I've raised it as an incident as I've heard nothing back since it was confirmed to me that our systems were definitely doing it.

TT992 means we've blocked the content and the incident is being investigated. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

I have posted a reply on @stevew5 's  thread.  I have read on here this morning there are others having rejected emails from other sites.   All have a different heading.  They seem to have TT992 rejection code.  Can you tell us what this means and why it seems to keep happening for, presumably, different senders?

In my case, they can have serious consequences.  I don't really want to go through a process of changing my email address, especially not to gmail which I find awful and was only forced to use that thanks to TT not allowing a TT email address a while ago for TT to contact TT customers (or something like that which sounds even dafter when written down!).

@Gliwmaeden2 I was in the process of doing so, just looking for others with similar rejection problems all with different headers making it somewhat, if understandably, awkward to check that it is happening and I'm not the only one.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi davep, I've had nothing back yet. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

ok thanks Ill start new topic

0 Likes