email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten email password

AngelaH
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My emails have stopped coming through on all my devices. All devices say I need to re enter my password ( don’t know why this has happened).  Problem is I can’t remember my password as haven’t had to use it for several years.  When I try to reset password it sends the email to do so to my email address that I can’t access!!  Going round in circles.  What can I do??

thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi AngelaH,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can investigate further

Chris

Message 2 of 5

Likely to be next week that TalkTalk support will pick up this topic to get your password recovery set up.

In the meantime, what are the answers to the key questions?

• Email domain?
  • Customer, either home broadband or MailPlus subscriber or non-customer?
  • If customer: email address added to MyAccount or not?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

AngelaH
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

ThNk you I have done as suggested with my profile update, and will hopefully hear from someone soon.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Angela

What's the email domain? For example, talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or another?

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know your customer status and if you're taking a full-fibre home broadband service from TalkTalk. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

But you haven't set up password recovery and have forgotten the password. So, TalkTalk Support will have to step in, verify that you are the registered email user and set up password recovery to enable you to proceed.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution