cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Intermittent authentication problems

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

In accordance with Community policy, I am starting my own topic to report that I am still being affected by the intermittent failure to authenticate using both my @Tiscali.co.uk address and my @talktalk.net account Using Outlook 365 this manifests as a request to enter the password. I click OK without touching the password, and it retries and sometimes succeeds.

Outlook trying to connect.Outlook trying to connect.Outlook failed to connect.Outlook failed to connect.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

If you see any further problems please let me know. I know that OX are still monitoring and their system called this fault, but it's taken time to fix. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

It seems OK again. Perhaps they used stronger sticking plaster.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi all, are you still seeing the problem now? I've been on a medical appointment, but did highlight the issue to the Email admins before I left. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Now failing on Tiscali as well as TalkTalk. I notice I have the server name set to mail.talktalk.net on that account.

0 Likes

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Same here !

David
0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

I spoke too soon. Symptoms are as yesterday's report. Successfully synchronising the Tiscali account. Failing on the TalkTalk account.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

It seems OK today. As you can see from the screenshots I posted, on that occasion it had successfully synchronised the Tiscali account, but failed the TalkTalk account (known in my system as Foodbank). That's how intermittent and flaky it was!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi jbuchanangb, you should have working mail again. There was a brief issue yesterday identified by OX so the fix was quick. If you're still having problems please let us know. 

Ady

0 Likes