cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

LINEONE & TISCALI - UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGE TO MYSELF - AGAIN

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I'm unable to send messages from my LINEONE email address to myself, and to my wife who has a TISCALI address.  Such messages appear in the "sent" box but do not appear in the "inbox".  Issue was solved a week ago by TALKTalk but re-emerged  yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, and is consistent whether sending from my desktop Mac, iPhone or webmail.

Please can this be investigated again and sorted out once and for all?

See my previous post of  4 Oct.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Pleased to report "my on platform mail sending still remains good" so it seems the issue has been resolved.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for confirming. There is no announced mail maintenance this weekend but by all means come back on Monday to reconfirm that your on platform mail sending is still good. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Looks like the problem has been resolved - at least for the moment.  Emails sent to self using LINEONE now arrive in my inbox on my three devices (Mac, iphone and webmail).  Thank you for sorting.  Let's hope it survives the usual weekend platform"maintenance".  Will check again on Monday.

Message 5 of 10

@paulphippin, try following the instructions from the previous replies.

If you still need help you must start your own thread. Return to the message board and click on Start a Topic. 

You also need to complete your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings. In Personal Information add your Talktalk landline number etc and in Private Notes, at the end of that section put the full address details of both email addresses. SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

paulphippin
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi I am having the same problem between my Lineone account and my wifes tiscali. Every other incoming/outgoing mails for us appear to be okay. Can you tell me how you solved this?

The chat bot was supposed to connect to and expert but has disapeared !!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi hopelesslineone, what URL and settings are you using for the affected email addresses?  You'll find the correct and only email settings to be used in the Email settings help article. The only URL that should now work for your webmail is Sign in - TalkTalk Mail

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Gondola; Thank you for coming back on this and apologies for not responding quicker.  But no, I confirm and have checked; I don't have any rules in force.  The issue returned on Sunday 15 Oct; any message attempted to be sent to myself (LINEONE) or to my wife (TISCALI) using either my desk Mac, my iPhone or webmail appears in "sent" boxes but doesn't arrive in "inbox".  The issue is identical to the situation which developed some 2 weeks ago when you kindly helped me, and which was resolved by TalkTalk.  Please see my previous post dated 4 Oct.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi hopelessLINEONE 

The previous resolved issue was an on-platform mail sending fail. There was some intermittency in the fault condition so it took time to identify and resolve.

I've tested today from a migrated mailbox and an unmigrated mailbox and can see that on-platform mail sending is working for the two mailboxes I've tested. At present I cannot replicate the fault. Not to say it hasn't intermittently returned if the team didn't get to the root cause.

For you, does this on-platform self send fail issue appear permanent?  And since you last signed in and checked each of the recipient mailboxes via webmail to make sure there were no Rules / Filter Rules defined, that may be redirecting mail from that Inbox, have you double checked to ensure there are no Filter Rules in play?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution