email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Plus,cant log in to My Account

bmp01
Team Player
Message 42 of 42

This has been done before but no answer was left to help....

I've paid for TalkTalk's Mail Plus so I can get to my old Lineone email account but days later I can't sign into My Account (which I need to do to link the Lineone acct to My Account to enable me to down load emails with Outlook).

I have registered,  I can get messages to my phone if I try resting password etc so I'm pretty sure my Mail Plus account is live,  just can't login. I get error message saying technical error,  can't sign in just now try again later.  

I've tried help desks,  go no where although they can also see the Mail Plus account is live. 

Anyone have a solution? 

Thank you. 

41 REPLIES 41

Message 1 of 42

Hi bmp01,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, hopefully it won't be much longer

Chris

0 Likes

bmp01
Team Player
Message 2 of 42

Update: nothing

Summary:

Fault duration 5 1/2 weeks

signed up for MailPlus 06/09/21 

direct debit payment taken 12/09/21 and 12/10/21

cant access My Account (part of MailPlus) as of  13/10/21, 9am

bmp01

Message 3 of 42

Please do.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

bmp01
Team Player
Message 4 of 42

Okay Ady, thanks for clarifying. I'll update this thread the minute the login issue is resolved.

Summary:

Fault duration 4 1/2 weeks

direct debit payment taken 12/09/21

cant access My Account (part of MailPlus) as of  08/10/21, 10am

bmp01

Message 5 of 42

We don't have access to the information about the queue, but it will be done as quickly as possible.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

bmp01
Team Player
Message 6 of 42

Hello Ady,

Thanks for that.

Well I guess its good that it got escalated. How many higher priority cases are there above this one?

Any time frame for a fix?

Shall I take it you've backed down from your idea of trying a non TalkTalk email address ?

Regards,

bmp01

0 Likes

Message 7 of 42

Hi bmp01, I've just gone back through this and Chris did get it escalated for you. It's still with the team who are working the fault. Hopefully, you won't have too much longer to wait for the fix. 

Ady

bmp01
Team Player
Message 8 of 42

Private message sent to Chris requesting help.

0 Likes

bmp01
Team Player
Message 9 of 42

Private message sent to Ady requesting help.

0 Likes

bmp01
Team Player
Message 10 of 42

Yeah good point you make, sorry Gondola and Gliwmaeden2 ..... getting a bit frustrated at this end and forgetting my manners. I do appreciate you have tried, thank you.

I have no visibilty of what TalkTalk are doing either, as Ive said before thats the frustrating bit - there is no communication to explain the problem, to give any time frame for a solution or what the steps might be to getting it fixed.

Message 11 of 42

We've done what we can to escalate your topic into the TalkTalk workflow. But we have no visibility of what TalkTalk are doing on their side.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

bmp01
Team Player
Message 12 of 42

Oh dear looks like I was wrong.

I had expected some help with it and maybe a resolution this week.

But not even one message from Chris or Ady all week.

Message 13 of 42

Thank you !

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 42

I'll re-escalate this thread for staff to respond, @bmp01.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

bmp01
Team Player
Message 15 of 42

Morning,

No news yet guys.... another week drifting by and nobody is offering an explanation or time scale for a fix.

To recap:

direct debit payment taken 12/09/21

cant access My Account (part of MailPlus) as of  30/09/21, 8am

bmp01

bmp01
Team Player
Message 16 of 42

Morning Chris and Ady,

I resisted posting yesterday.

Anything happening from your side this week? What was the update you were waiting on Chris?

How about changing my log in details for My Account to change  to a non TalkTalk email address?

thanks,

bmp01 

Message 17 of 42

Gondola,

If only......😂

Ha, so I had no choice  but to use my lineone.net email address during Mail Plus signup ! But MyAccount registration maybe a non-TalkTalk email would have been better... ?

I have little faith in what I was told by the person on the Chat helpdesk, you've confirmed some of it to be nonsense.

bmp01

Message 18 of 42

Hi bmp01 

Interesting that the MyAccount wouldn't play nicely for the Customer Service Tech Support person in trying to set up a non-TalkTalk address for the MyAccount login. 

A MailPlus subscription customer cannot start off with the MyAccount set to anything other than the subscription email address that is validated on first application for MailPlus. 

However I see no reason to stop a non-TalkTalk address to be set up for the MyAccount login just as a customer can for a standard home broadband service MyAccount. In fact, the initial registration for a home broadband customer MyAccount has to be with a non-TalkTalk email address. The system blocks TalkTalk domains because non customers cannot associate a TalkTalk domain as they can only create and add TalkTalk email accounts after the new MyAccount is set up and active.

If only you or Customer Service had access to the MyAccount to set up a non-TalkTalk email address!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 19 of 42

Hopefully it will be resolved soon, we'll let you know when we receive an update, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

bmp01
Team Player
Message 20 of 42

Thanks Chris.

Im hopeful next week will be break through week 🙂 

Ady was trying to get me to re-register with a non Talk-Talk email address, trouble was when the system went looking for my info it also found I had an existing registration and told me to revert back to the original email address to log in to My Account. In todays session with the 'chat' help desk the guy tried to amend my My Account email address but wasnt allowed to by the system (as that was the one I had used to sign up to Mail Plus with).

It feels like I need to start a fresh with a new account and non-Talk Talk email address  at time of registration... hind sight says I should have done that in the first place.

thanks,

bmp01