email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TalkTalk mail for Pipex

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

I've logged into the new TalkTalk mail for Pipex and its fine except it formats a large section of white space for Advertisement - how do I remove this so I have space for the email content ?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @crusoe80 

With a desktop browser just narrowing the window size will work. I use chrome or firefox. Select the double square icons top right and drag the window width narrower.

For TalkTalk Mail I usually just keep the window full screen. Better in my opinion to have a static window with the skyscraper advert panel empty.

The View display layout and options I use are Vertical and Folder view but just select the display option that suits you best from the View drop down menu. The selected layout and option is ticked.

View Layout Options

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

crusoe80
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for suggestion to remove the skyscraper, can you advise how to do that as I've not found any way yet. Also having played around I selected Compact View from an option list which has now resulted in any of the prior view options being available - how do I revert ?

Thanks Steve

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @crusoe80 

You've got an advert blocker running to remove the distracting advertisements. Heads up that you may miss some TalkTalk promotions that also run in the advertising spaces. And  some blockers may also result in other issues like loss of tracking for cashback purchases and or not being able to access Livechat etc.

You can resize a desktop window to avoid the 'skyscraper' panel on the right. That's the best I can offer because the code reserves the space for the ads.

Most webmail services monetize space to keep running costs / subscriptions low so having advertisements isn't unusual.

I use an advert blocker most of the time and just live with the reserved white space.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes