email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming emails

broadband5
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 9

Good afternoon everybody,

My email account is not updating.

I have done several things this morning that automatically generate an immediate email response and none have come back.

I have carried out the Talk Talk email test procedure and got that email back ok.

I need help, but bear in mind that my emails are not updating, so how is anybody going to tell me.

kindest regards

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi broadband5, it's always good to have Gondola on your side. I've alerted the email admins and they've advised that they're invistigating now to find out what caused the delay. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Hi broadband5 

Grateful thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

I can see there are no mail delivery delays at present. Mail incoming is being accepted for delivery and delivered promptly. I'm very grateful to @StephenF , TalkTalk's Digital Services manager for coming on board yesterday to resolve the mail server issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

broadband5
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 9

Good morning,

Everything is ok this morning as you said, all emails present and correct.

Many thanks for your work on this.

kindest regards

Message 4 of 9

Hi broadband5 

In that case there's nothing under your control stopping mail from arriving in your Inbox.

Maybe it's just the delays happening right now to incoming mail to the TalkTalk Mail platform.

I have alerted TalkTalk but no guarantee that they'll pick up and be able to get engineers on the case to eliminate the delay. This is usually due to high demand and the MX mail server receiving incoming mail not being able to accept all mail for prompt delivery. So long as this doesn't last too long then all mail accepted for delivery will be stored and delivered in due course.

Try again tomorrow is the most appropriate advice.

broadband5
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 9

Good evening again,

Found my way to the page in question, it looks slightly different from the one you have shown me.

Vacation notice and auto forward are separate screens but neither are enabled.

The rules page does not have any rules at all, it says I do not have any.

Hope this helps.

kindest regards 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi broadband5 

We have recently seen mail users get hacked and the hackers setting up Filter rules specifically to block incoming mail from Amazon and social media accounts etc.  This is to effectively lock you out of changing your Amazon or social media login whilst they have control.

So, sign in to TalkTalk Mail, check and delete all Filter rules as shown below and let us know what you find.

Filter rules - Delete

If your mailbox has been compromised then you must use your choice of Internet security software to scan your devices to remove all password grabbing malware.  Then follow the advice in the help page Changing your email password.

broadband5
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 9

Hello there,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I've done what you said, sent myself an email that arrived back in 2 seconds and has stayed there. 

I've just logged onto Amazon again and they send me a security based confirmation email within seconds of logging on and it's just not happening. 

Hope this helps

kindest regards

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @broadband5 

There are delays of 10 - 230 minutes currently for delivering incoming mail on the TalkTalk Mail platform that I'm seeing just on Community notification mail messages which is the normal way you'd be notified of this reply to your post.

Good that the test-mail is working. 

Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.This is on-platform mail so should arrive as quickly as the test-mail auto-response.

Mail not reaching the Inbox at all even after a fairly long delay could mean there's a Filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not ever arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account may be deleting those messages from the online Inbox.