email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old tiscali email account

jimbogustard
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I am trying to login to an old tiscali web mail account. When I try to reset the password via the talk talk web mail it says its not a talktalk domain. 

Can I get access to my old tiscali email? 

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi jimbogustard, you've been given all the right advice. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to help you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

@jimbogustard wrote:...The twitter guidance is to contact the email provider to regain access , which is what I have done.

Twitter guidance is to "contact your email service provider to try and regain access." Note the 'try and regain access'. And Twitter continue to say "If you've added your mobile number to your (Twitter) account, you can enter your number on the password reset page and you'll be presented with the option to reset via SMS."

TalkTalk cannot create any tiscali email address. The address you've quoted does not exist. So if it did exist it will have been deleted as an inactive email account. Mailboxes that are not used for 180 days are flagged for deletion by the system. Deleted Email error message This clarifies that it is not possible to create an email address that has been previously used.

As the email address is not in your customer MyAccount there is no way that TalkTalk will be able to verify the user as you because the address will be on the deleted database without any other data attached. This process is for security to ensure that someone cannot ask for an email address that was not theirs in order to access linked accounts that are not theirs either.

Unfortunately, although you've tried, if the email provider cannot recover access to your email account, as here, and you have not set up a mobile 'phone number with Twitter then as Twitter say "Unfortunately, if you don't have access to the account's email address or verified mobile number, we are unable to continue troubleshooting. While we understand that it can be disappointing when you lose access to an account, we use these verification requirements to make sure we don't give out any user information to the wrong person."

But Twitter say you can sign up for a new Twitter account so this is your alternative option.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 13

Valid MX records detected! This domain can receive emails.

MX Hostname: mx.tiscali.co.uk
MX IP Address:62.24.... | TTL: 77644
ISP: TalkTalk
Organization: TalkTalk

So please set up a new  email ,or forward my old address to my current talk talk email, so I can regain access to twitter after the account was deleted post your data breach.

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

The twitter guidance is to contact the email provider to regain access , which is what I have done.

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Can you setup a new email account james.gustard@tiscali.co.uk .

Thanks

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hello,

As per Gondola's advice, a deleted email account cannot be recovered.

Thanks

Message 7 of 13

Hi James

Just to be clear, I'm a Community volunteer not a TalkTalk employee.

I believe I have given you the guidance to recover your Twitter account without an email account.  Have you followed this route? TalkTalk cannot do this for you.

If your tiscali mailbox was locked in 2015 and therefore not used for 6 years then the system is most likely to have auto-deleted for non-use.

The Terms & Conditions do clearly state that mailboxes not used for 180 days may be deleted. If a mailbox is deleted by the mail system then it cannot be recreated. This is because TalkTalk have no linked data to positively link you to the email address. Unless that address is listed in your MyAccount. You haven't said if that's the case.

TalkTalk Staff will pick up this topic and will likely refer you to the CEO Office agents to deal with this as a complaint.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I can not log into twitter because you deleted my tiscali email account.

It was locked for ages because of your famous databreach, you then seem to have just decided to delete it.

Talktalk owns the tiscali domain, I pay you £24 a month, so I do not see why you cant take 5 mins to re open my tiscali email account, which was closed because of your databreach.  

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi James

You're totally right that you cannot create a new tiscali email address. Neither can you recover or recreate any deleted TalkTalk Mail managed email address. 

If the email address is deleted then so long as your Twitter account is not using login verification and you have registered an active mobile number then you'll get a password reset via mobile text message. 

The checks I'm asking you to make are to determine if the email address is deleted. 

On sending the email address a message you say you received a bounce-back. Did that confirm the email address was not available for delivery or something else?

Is the email address listed in your customer MyAccount? If so, then I believe it should be possible to reactivate it. So, this is what it depends on. If it's not listed and deleted then it's not recoverable.

Sign in to MyAccount, select My Services from the toolbar, select Manage TalkTalk Mail. Tell me if the tiscali email address is listed. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I am a talktalk customer, but the website only allows talkltalk domain emails, you can not add a tiscali email.

The email bounced back, can you up this tiscali email again, I know talktalk owns the tiscali domain, if it could be reactivated it means I could log into twitter again!

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi James

Normally, when the TalkTalk password recovery reports that an email address does not have a domain it means the email address entered has not been found on the active database.

So, first question is, are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer and if so is the tiscali email address listed in your customer MyAccount, My Mailboxes list?

Second, send the address a mail message and if it bounces back almost immediately with an undeliverable error then that also is an indicator that the address is not active.

Also try verifalia to see if that reports the address is 'Deliverable'.

If the email address mailbox has not been signed in to for over 180 days then the address gets flagged for deletion. Deleted Email error message 

Let us know the results of the checks.

0 Likes

jimbogustard
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 13

I have filled in the info required on my profile (based on other posts on the same problem)

Mr James A Gustard
0 Likes