email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook keeps asking for password which is correct for my @tiscali.co.uk?

John B1958
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Cannot access my emails.  Outlook keeps asking for my password which is correct.

Is there a problem with access emails just now?

Have been using 2010 Outlook with my @Tiscali.co.uk mail for years with no problems.

Very frustrating as I need access to my emails!!

Can anyone please help or advise?

Many Thanks

John B1958
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi John B1958, the accounts were all unrestricted yesterday morning so you mail should continue to work normally now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Excellent news John.

What happened is that some customer email accounts that shouldn't have been restricted to webmail only access did somehow get restricted. Thank you for positive confirmation that you're back in action on both webmail and email client access.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

Hello again. Yes I am a TalkTalk Home Broadband customer with TalkTalk TV as well. And my email address is in my account.  Finally, my emails have started working again, so not sure what was going on. At least now I can access my emails. Thanks 

John B1958

Message 4 of 9

Hi John B1958 

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer and your TalkTalk email address is shown in your customer MyAccount My Mailboxes list then absolutely correct, you should not be restricted to webmail access only. 

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

Do you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox? 

So, first check that the email address is added to a home broadband customer MyAccount. Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Message 5 of 9

Hi Gondola. I am a TalkTalk customer, but don’t have Mail Plus. Therefore I should not be affected. Would that be correct? Thanks

John B1958
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi John B1958, if you don't have a current TalkTalk account then you'll almost certainly have been limited to webmail only. The incident that sprung up late last week has been fixed so that won't be affecting you if you're affected now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 9

Hi John B1958 

The was an issue of paid up customer mailboxes being restricted to webmail only access. That issue is being fixed on a case by case basis.

But you do need to be aware that if you're not a TalkTalk Consumer customer or Mail Plus subscription customer then your mailbox will be scheduled for restriction and ultimately deletion.  You'll have received or will receive a mail message from TalkTalk about this.

To see if you're part of the issue and prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

But in any event you can access mail via webmail:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

For email settings:  (NB Outlook 2010 is an out of date product and is not supported)

Select here: TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

Using TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

John B1958
First Timer
Message 8 of 9

I have been using Outlook 2010 to access my emails for many years  and only a couple of times  have I had a problem access my emails.

However, I've  not been able to access my emails since the end of last week.  Outlook keeps asking me for the password which is correct.

Looking at the community pages it looks as if this is a widespread problem.

I called TalkTalk today and the girl advised it was because i had not upgraded to TalkTalk mail plus and all Tiscali emails had been deleted.  I find this very hard to believe!!!

Can someone please help or advise me what is happening? I desperately need acess yo my emails!!

Thanks

John B1958
0 Likes