cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Server not connecting

bruckshaw
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

On the morning of 20th June 2023 two different WLM accounts suddenly failed to open due to server problems and we have had no emails. Both user addresses were xxxx @Tiscali.co.uk on two different computers using the same router and lines. The lines and router have been tested by TalkTalk and are OK. The computers use different email clients. Both computers are set to use Incoming port  995 POP3 and Outgoing port 587 SMTP.  I have removed 1 account and replaced it without success. Where do I look next please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The email domain tiscali.co.uk is one of the 22 domains inherited by and managed by TalkTalk alongside talktalk.net on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

You can access your tiscali mailbox via TalkTalk Mail webmail. You just need your email address and email password. When signed in select the settings icon (top right triple lines on a desktop browser or cog icon on a mobile browser), select Update your reset details to set password recovery with an alternate email address and mobile number.

When you've proven the mailbox is working for send and receive and you've set up the essential password recovery you can then proceed to set up secure email on your choice of supported email software.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

bruckshaw
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your prompt reply Gondola. I did not realise that TalkTalk Mail was involved in my email transactions. Did this loss of support occur this week when my problem appeared?. I have been using the same setup for 20 years. I have just tried to send an email. It failed because the server did not recognise my email address.. I will check that

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Windows Live Mail (WLM) is not supported by TalkTalk Mail. You'll need to look for an email client that is supported on your Operating Systems and that does support TLS 1.2 encryption standard that's required for TalkTalk Mail. Something like Thunderbird that is still supported on Windows 7 and that contains its own TLS 1.2 ciphers.

Do you require any additional help in choosing a new email client? The alternative is to use TalkTalk Mail webmail on an up to date Internet browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox, for example.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution