cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali email

Metalgod
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Good morning, my Tiscali email is down this morning, onscreen message is saying can't connect to server

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Andy

No other reports today and when I looked just before 9am, some 2 hours after your report,  I couldn't see any problems with the mail servers. I'll keep an eye on them over the weekend.

My testing indicates there is now a block on port 25 that wasn't globally applied when I checked last week so maybe there was a minor outage to apply updates. Certainly wasn't flagged as a heads up to me or anyone else via Service Status today.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

HI Michelle and thanks for your reply. Apologies for this late response, just after posting I had to leave for work and only just got in and seen your post. The emails were telling me there was a server error at 6am today, they are working now.
Thanks Michelle
Andy

0 Likes

Metalgod
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Gondola, apologies for late response I've been out at work all day. The emails were telling me there was a server problem, but they are back on now.
Thanks
Andy

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Andy

Just to add to Michelle's message, I don't see any problems with the TalkTalk mail servers. I'm wondering if you're still using insecure port 25 for outgoing unauthenticated mail? Some users have been notified that because of not using secure settings they will have issues sending mail.

Worth checking that your mail sending is working in TalkTalk Mail webmail to make sure the mailbox is working as expected and there's no send error message.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is this still happening at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes