cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to access emails while abroad

EBeedie1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 3 of 3

I travelled to Nigeria on the 22nd January 2024 and returned on the 3rd February 2024. While in Nigeria, I attempted to access my emails on *removed for security* @btinternet.com first on my mobile phone and tablet using WiFi but could not log in even though the password was correct.

This btinternet email address was a carryover from BT when we moved to TalkTalk, this includes our home phone number.

Who should I approach to resolve this issue, BT or TalkTalk?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Whilst @ferguson is correct about the use of full function BT Internet Mail account you may still have webmail access to a basic BT Internet Mail account. 

But the main issue about access from certain locations outside the UK is that some, including Nigeria, are considered risky in terms of scams and spam and access can be blocked.

As a workaround you can set up a UK hosted VPN service so that when you connect via the VPN the BT mail servers will see a UK IP address. Or simply let your contacts know that whilst you're travelling you'll be using a Gmail email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you want to continue to use a BT email address after leaving then you have to pay them to maintain it. You cannot carry it over to another provider in the same way as you have with your phone number. 

0 Likes