email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are TalkTalk such a useless company?

delboyo
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

I have had an email telling me I am about to lose my old    Onetel.com   email address yet if I pay £5 per month I can keep it.  That means they will still have access to any emails that arrive for that address. Therefore why can't or wont they redirect the emails to any new address I provide?

And this is after I was told when I cancelled my Broadband and Land Line account back in January that I would be able to keep my email account.

After spending over an hour talking to someone in the Philippines to try and ascertain why I couldn't just use or be given a new email address or how to save my current emails and contacts I just gave up. They also refused to give me a contact number of Customer Services in the UK so that I could try and get some sense that way.

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

closed as per your other thread. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi delboyo, my apologies webmail is what basic through your browser email has always been called. Your gmail if viewed through a browser is webmail. As you have no paid for account it's likely we've turned off your ability to use a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird or Gmail and you'll only be able to see your Onetel mail on TalkTalk webmail. You'll see your mail when you login to the link I've provided.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Ady.

I haven't got a clue what you mean by webmail.  Why can't you try putting on your email illiterate user hat when you reply to questions?

My old TT account is seemingly still accessible even though I cancelled my Broadband and land line back in January.

When I bought this PC last year my grandson set up access to my TT email and put a link at the top of the screen.  Now when I click on it I go through to TT directly and not my Email which was on my  Onetel.com  email.  Access to my mail has been moved or removed without any real notice other than an email saying the process was going to happen.

Obviously the emails are still accessible otherwise why do TT want to charge me £5 a month to access them?  They should reroute them to my new Gmail email address for free.

This is appalling behaviour by TT.    

Message 4 of 15

Hi delboyo, when you say your onetel account has vanished do you mean from webmail?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Yesterday I managed to work out a convoluted method of transferring emails from my Onetel.com Folders to my new Gmail account.  Done by moving Onetel folders to my Onetel Inbox and linking Gmail to the Onetel Inbox and requesting a transfer.  A bit slow and tiresome but it was working.  I left off last night with 5 or 6 Folders still to be processed and on return today my Onetel account has vanished !!

Can someone tell me what my  Windows 10  email system uses for my incoming email?  Is my Onetel.com  address still valid?  Do I have to change any other settings?  Like POP  - whatever that is.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Let me try that again. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Ady

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Gondola.

As I have said, my main concern is being able to keep my Folders viewable on my new GMAIL account.  I believe I have provided my new email address but whether the existing Folders will be transferred by TalkTalk is anybodys guess. Somehow I doubt it.  If TalkTalk are going to scrap their service then they should be providing a relatively easy transition service as well.  I am being unduly punished because I cancelled my Broadband and land line Telephone account back in January.

Message 8 of 15

Ady.

Not sure if my reply got sent.

I can't see a link that I can open.  Would you mind showing it without an "alias" or whatever it's called.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi delboyo, a quick Google search revealed this help thread from Gmail''s community on how to import mail. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

In that case how do I export my   Onetel.com   email Folders  so that I can Import them to my new Gmail account?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Derek,

I'm sorry, I don't know how you would backup your contacts and emails into your gmail account. if you bump the thread on Monday, OCE_Ady is back, he usually looks after the email section and may be able to offer some assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Chris.

He didn't help with my query.

I have set up a new email account with  Gmail.com  and I wanted to know how I could ensure I could import my Contacts and current emails into their system. Can you help?

Derek Hill

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi delboyo,

I can see that Gondola has answer your questions, please let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi delboyo 

The onetel mail service is being decommissioned. TalkTalk are upgrading onetel mailboxes to the TalkTalk Mail platform for customers that wish to keep the mailbox active.

TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband customers) get up to 5 mailboxes free as part of their package. For ex-customers there's the option of subscribing to TalkTalk Mail Plus.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access.

Should that be insufficient time to migrate mail usage to another mail service, assuming you don't wish to keep the onetel mailbox active in the long term, then subscribe to MailPlus on a month by month basis.  Then when you decide that 2 further years of webmail only access would be sufficient to capture all wanted users that send you mail, call to cancel your TalkTalk Mail Plus service.

Or simply rejoin TalkTalk and take a home broadband package and TalkTalk Mail is free and any MailPlus subscription automatically ceases.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer