cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Why are my e-mails not coming through on Outlook?

LindaK2
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have been using Outlook for my e-mails for some years with no problem, and a couple of weeks ago switched to the 'New Outlook' - again with no problems. Suddenly yesterday evening I realised that nothing was coming in, and when I switched on again this morning I had nothing in my inbox. I have 3 different accounts and they all had the same problem so I tried to send a message from one account to the other. It went straight into drafts and stayed there for a couple of hours, although it has now gone into the 'sent' box. On checking my e-mails on the TalkTalk website I can see that everything that has come in or gone out is on there, so why isn't it then coming through to Outlook? Is there an issue at the TalkTalk end? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Well, yes, which is I why I suggested pursuing it with both parties. The TalkTalk support team here won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Fergerson

I spent over an hour on the phone with Talktalk technical without success. Unfortunately there I no facility to talk directly with Microsoft Outlook so the problem cannot be resolved through communication. 

Yesterday Am all was OK, but in the evening it simply stopped and despite my efforts when trying to reconnect Outlookwith my talktalk account I only receive an "unable to link with your provider"?

At present I can neither log in, send or receive emails via Outlook??

If thus is happening to others then it cannot be something I have done it must be a server issue between Outlook and talktalk the question is which one or who??

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi all, while you wait for the TalkTalk support team here to respond, have any of you reached out to Microsoft and/or checked generally for any such common issues?

0 Likes

GreatAnarch
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Same problem with Outlook here. Is anything being done about this?

Message 5 of 6

I am experiencing exactly the same issue so it must be a system error on ethier Outlook or Talktalks side. Unfortuantly i removed my outlook account and then tried to set it up again, but now outlock can't connect with my talk talk account so i cannot even download my emails

Talk talk please look into this????