cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email to a tiscali address fails to arrive from findmespot.com

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I use a SPOTX satellite tracker/messenger to report my yacht's position to my wife.  This device causes a short email to be sent from findmespot.com (in USA) to my wife (in UK), giving GPS position etc.  My wife's email address is something @tiscali.co.uk

This has worked well for some 12 years up to May this year.  But now (June 2023) emails from the findmespot.com source fail to arrive.  We have checked that these emails are not being directed to spam and findmespot.com has checked that it is sending out messages properly.  Otherwise my wife's email is working normally on webmail, iPhone and Mac.

Has something changed at tiscali.co.uk that is now blocking emails from findmespot.com in USA?  Advice please.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks for confirming. It is true that issues of mail not arriving are often due to the sender suppressing sending. This is a standard approach by mail senders to avoid being blacklisted for sending suspect spam.

I'm sure your wife is comforted to know you're safe.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

To close this query I can report that SPOT satellite tracker messages are now arriving again in my wife's tiscali.co.uk email address.  She can now track the position of my yacht again when out of mobile phone signal coverage.

The problem apparently was that USA firm findmespot.com which operates the SPOT system had put this email address into a "suppression list" as it was believed that it was a source of spam. 

So the issue was at SPOT and not at tiscali/talktalk.

Thank you for everyone who tried to help resolve this issue.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Meanwhile make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details, @hopelessLINEONE.

Assuming that you are a Talktalk customer yourself?

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. Your landline phone number or Talktalk account number must show in there. At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your wife's tiscali address. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff need this information to identify your account and investigate what is going on with that email.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thank you for that comment.  Unfortunately I set sail on Sunday but fortunately SPOTX position messages do get through by SMS to my wife's phone as a backup.to email messages, so not a crisis.  Will await advice from tiscali before setting up a second email account for my wife.  Thanks again.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Staff will be away over the weekend, @hopelessLINEONE.

Has your wife got an alternative address that you could send to?

That would get you by till Monday. 

Staff can look into any changes that may have occurred. Meanwhile a hotmail  / gmail  / Yahoo etc address may work better for international communications. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.