email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails from contacts not received

Big Tam
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi Gondola,

as a non tech I have trouble with your previous response to the question of not receiving some mails .At your suggestion I have started a new post

In recent weeks I have not received two important messages from two contacts

I have been able to have the message passed on by someone on the copy list. I have verified that the correct email has been used in the original message.

I have checked my spam folder an the message is not there.

Any other simplified suggestions I might try.

Thanks in anticipation.

Big Tam

Tom Donaldson
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Big Tam, did Gondola help you get this sorted?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Big Tam 

Grateful thanks for starting a new topic.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add your TalkTalk email address and the From addresses of the 2 contacts and then save changes.

What are the email address domains of the contacts - just the part of their email addresses after the @ symbol?  And is your email address domain talktalk.net?

There are some checks and tests you can carry out. Check the online Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox.

Compose and send to yourself to the same mailbox address a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox. And finally,

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines top right side of the header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • To disable an active Filter rule, select Disable for the Filter rule
  • To delete a Filter rule, select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the Filter rule and confirm by selecting the Delete button
  • If you see a message page indicating 'There is no rule defined' that's good

Having checked the self sent mail arrives normally and if there are no active Filter rules set in your online mailbox then there's nothing set to stop or divert mail from reaching your Inbox.

Let us know if you have deleted or disabled any Filter rules.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution