email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail/talktalk.net error no password - yet password present

simsteve
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

2 days ago i stopped recieving any emails via talktalk. My email account is a legacy lineone account and i can fully access via webmail. I have outlook on 2 machines, and access through iPad. All of these devices are unable to access, all complain of no password on th eiPad, and ERR[AUTH] in outlook.

I have reset my password on the my account page, my mailbox is present in my account.

i have tried various settings in outlook, and the iPad. Have tried setting up as a new account on my phone, both pop3 and imap and both give an error with mail.talktalk.net but verify on the outgoing smtp.talktalk.net so password is correct.

I pay for mail plus for the use of this service!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi simsteve, the incident is now closed and I'm told everyone affected should now have working mail in a mail client once again. 

Are you still having problems? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

simsteve
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Any update on this yet?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Rhian84, if you've got the same problem please start a new topic and we'll get you added to the list too. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi simsteve, I've added your details to the incident list. 

Ady

0 Likes

simsteve
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

have updated my profile, i cant find the order reference for mail plus in my account though, only see my account number, and all trasactions for mail plus payments

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi simsteve 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es) affected, notes and order reference for Mail Plus etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

I've alerted TalkTalk Support for this issue. There was a recent batch of restrictions to webmail only access applied to some legacy email addresses including tiscali and lineone.  In your case the restriction would appear to need reversing assuming the email address in question is added to your Mail Plus MyAccount.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

The webmail access will keep you in contact pending the help from TalkTalk Mail Support to investigate your case.  You'll receive a reply from TalkTalk Support next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution